Page 1 of 2
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/943427/Charlie-Simpson-turns-down-1-million-for-reunion-tour.html

So I dunno how many of you like Busted here, they were a pretty decent pop band back in the day, different to normal boy bands like Westlife and JLS etc. so it was pretty cool, they actually got me interested in rock music and led me to Green Day and Blink 182 and stuff so thats cool.

But basically yeah Charlie left the band to do his own alt rock thing in Fightstar so the band broke up. Basically the other two members have nothing to do but Charlie is doing pretty well with Fightstar and a solo acoustic project.

I personally admire him for turning down this £1 million for a reunion tour, it takes a big man to turn down THAT much money. Anyway another article says this:

A source told me: "James is the only one of them that doesn't need the tour. He's got a new solo album and a West End musical in the pipeline while the other two don't have much going on and have spent the fortune they made with the band."

What a load of bollocks. But it's so good that SOMEONE in the music industry cares about musical integrity instead of just money.

Anyway Pit, thought on this?
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 9, 2010,
I like both Busted and Fightstar.

Good on Charlie for showing his integrity though, can't be easy to pass up on £1,000,000. No matter how well Fightstar are doing, he isn't earning that kind of money with them!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Wasn't James Bourne the frontman for this defunct pop rock band Son of Dork?

Busted is my guilty pleasure - I listen to their CDs from time to time. Fightstar, on the other hand, is amazing. So it's great Charlie Simpson isn't going to neglect Fightstar for Busted.
Quote by GArrigan
that sir was done with class

Hear the wind
whispering your name
twice the encouragement
of the real you
Thank god they aren't coming back. I mean, what the hell is that for a motivation? "We've spend all our f*cking money, so I guess we'll just make crap music again like before".
Seriously, f*ck them.
not a huge fan of fightstar nowdays but good on charlie for not sacrificing his integrity
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I prefer Busted to Fightstar. Busted were fun, fresh and a bit of a laugh to generally cock about to. Fightstar bored me to tears, and were bland as beige when I saw them at Reading.

So, yeah, Charlie's a womb-bag and I would like to punch him severely.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I don't really like either band, although i would rather listen to busted than something like the Ting Tings or N-Dubz.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
I don't really like either band, although i would rather listen to busted than something like the Ting Tings or N-Dubz.

But N-Dubz have lyrical gems like "I'm looking all over Facebook, but I can't seem to find you".

Quote by GLP_Arclite

^ Exactly. And the Ting Tings are pure poetry. By the end of that song you know, you just know, deep in your heart, that that's definitely not her name.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
^ Exactly. And the Ting Tings are pure poetry. By the end of that song you know, you just know, deep in your heart, that that's definitely not her name.

I dunno, I always admired that, despite repeated protestations that it wasn't her name, there was still left some uncertainty by the end.

I mean, if that wasn't her name, what was it?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
I dunno, I always admired that, despite repeated protestations that it wasn't her name, there was still left some uncertainty by the end.

I mean, if that wasn't her name, what was it?

I suggested that it may be Joleisa, but she vehemently denied it.
Quote by red157
I suggested that it may be Joleisa, but she vehemently denied it.

Damn! Foiled again!

I need answers!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Does Busted need a replacement? I'd happily play in a crappy pop punk band for $1 million
love is love // return to dust
I loved busted when I was younger and if they were on my ipod I would probably still listen to them now and again. I prefer Fightstar though and if Busted were to come back it probably wouldn't be the same.
Can they offer him a million to stop Fightstar instead?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by metacarpi
Damn! Foiled again!

I need answers!

I'm sure I remember a story involving a girl, and a load of gold that needed to be spun, and something involving guessing someone's name. Maybe it's a reference to that.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Fightstar have some good tracks.. Well done, Charlie. Apparantly he comes from a town not far from here, my mates grandad works with his dad.

F*ck yeah, I know stars.

>.>
Charlie Simpson went to my school. The Lady who cleans my study used to cook for the boarding house he was in when he was there. Just to let you know.
Quote by Da.Squid
Charlie Simpson went to my school. The Lady who cleans my study used to cook for the boarding house he was in when he was there. Just to let you know.

Well my country is in the same continent as his
It's not that much money.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Busted brought me in the ''rock'' scene so it would be pretty cool if they came back I guess but still fightstar is better
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
That’s what I go to school for
Even though it is a real bore
You can call me crazy
But I know that she craves me
Even though it is a real bore
Girlfriends I’ve had plenty
But none like Miss Mackenzie

Who's David?Who are busted?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by tancanada
Does Busted need a replacement? I'd happily play in a crappy pop punk band for $1 million

It's 1m pounds. According to Google, that's $1542700
Quote by werty22
Wait, so it's the Jonas Brothers?

The Jonas brothers covered Busted, changed the lyrics and made it all religious and kid friendly.

Instead of: "Your great great great grand daughter, is pretty fine" they changed it to "Your great great great grand daughter, is doing fine"

And they changed the lyrics to What I Go To School for into not being about a teacher.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The Jonas brothers covered Busted, changed the lyrics and made it all religious and kid friendly.

Instead of: "Your great great great grand daughter, is pretty fine" they changed it to "Your great great great grand daughter, is doing fine"

And they changed the lyrics to What I Go To School for into not being about a teacher.

Just let me get my gun now then...
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by EndTheRapture51

God they were rebels weren't they *shakes fist*

Edit: Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand got slated for something like this.... where is the justice.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
God they were rebels weren't they *shakes fist*

Edit: Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand got slated for something like this.... where is the justice.

...No not really.
Page 1 of 2