besides reverb and wattage, watt(see what i did there?) is the difference between the thunder 30 and the thunderverb50?

there seems to be a massive increase inprice for little reason as far as i can see
btw also can they do metalcore/mathcore well? i've seen them used for punk/posthardcore but wondered whether with a boost it could be taken a step further!?
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
THe thunder 30 is based on the rockerverb MK1 more so than the thunderverb (besides the shape control), it has the same cleans/drive as the rockerverb, revoiced for the EL84s, with the shape control from channel B of the thunderverb and the output transformer from the dual terror.

It's made in China. 30 watts switchable down to 7. Valve driven effects loop. 2 simplistic channels. EL84 valves. 4 gain stages. And alot more modernly voiced. With a tonne of gain.

The thunderverb is made in the UK (besides the PCB which is also made in china). 25/50 and 100/200 watts, built in attenuator, valve driven reverb/fx loop, proper EQ on channel A, will work as a bass amp, huge amount of low end, great for stoner/sludge stuff, EL34 output valves. More vintagely voiced with less gain.
^ thanks alot thats cleared it up for me
seemed like the jump from £550- £1200 was bit steep for an extra poweramp tube and reverb

think the thunder 30 may be the way to go for me then
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska