Page 1 of 3
Does anyone on the pit actually drink Cider? All I hear discussed is beer and spirits.

If you get a good cider it is amazing.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by smb
Cider is for tramps and kids

Only crap cider like the awful vomit smelling white cider like frosty Jack's or White Lightning or Strongbow but when you get a good cider like Kopparberg or some amazing Somerset one it is great.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by smb

You shut up! You shut up right now!

I love cider, especially a good sweet country brew that tastes like drinking apply sunshine. My favourite pub rotates its cider every few days and brings in some beautiful local numbers.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by smb

dear sir magners and koppaberg is too expensive for mere tramps and kids trying to be cool.

white sh*t should just die same with strongbow...how anyone can drink those craptacular stuff.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Only crap cider like the awful vomit smelling white cider like frosty Jack's or White Lightning or Strongbow but when you get a good cider like Kopparberg or some amazing Somerset one it is great.
No it isn't. Kopparberg is disgusting sugary rubbish and Somerset cider isn't much better. It's all for kids and tramps because it's all cheapish and strongish and sweet.
If you can get a properly brewed cider that's actually seen an apple (some of them are little better than mouthwash mixed with apple juice) then it's amazing.
Quote by smb
No it isn't. Kopparberg is disgusting sugary rubbish and Somerset cider isn't much better. It's all for kids and tramps because it's all cheapish and strongish and sweet.

Not really. It's true that you can get cheap cider, but you can get cheap beer just as easily. A decent cider brand is usually the same or more as a premium lager. I agree with you about Kopparberg though.

Oh, and something needs to be cleared up...

CIDER IS NOT FROM IRELAND. NOR IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE SERVED 'OVER ICE!!!!'
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Pear cider is the closest thing to an easily swallowable alcoholic drink that i'm ever going to find I think. It's amazing.

Lager/beer is just... ugh, an out loud ugh.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
Go to a proper cider bar and it tastes alot different to the fizzy pop stuff. One near me.....if you walk out the place remotely well, you've not done it right. I can't actually face drinking the stuff anymore because of overdoing it at this place.
Quote by Voldragon
Go to a proper cider bar and it tastes alot different to the fizzy pop stuff. One near me.....if you walk out the place remotely well, you've not done it right. I can't actually face drinking the stuff anymore because of overdoing it at this place.

Reminds me of a time I went to a festival where a microbrewery was selling their own cider.

After two glasses I was semi-floored. Took me 10min to walk 100 yards.
I could swill strongbow all day long. Throw in some ice cubes and your ready to get shit faced. Bulmers/magners is just too sweet. Have to try this Kopparberg that everyone is blowing on about. After 5 pints of any beer I feel like puking and beer ****s me up the next day. Anybody here like snakebite? Half a pint of beer and half a pint of cider, jungle juice! Most pubs in Ireland won't sell it anymore because it sends you gaga!
Man I like strongbow. EDIT: ^ 2 in a row lol

I think the ciders I've been drinking lately are kind of local Aussie ones, I've never heard of this koppar-something and whatever else, I guess I should try them.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Last edited by VVolverin3 at Sep 9, 2010,
Koppaberg is Swedish and it tastes like fruit juice because it's LOADED with sugar, it's also ****ing amazing and the best cider in the world! (<- HERE IS AN OPINION)
Old Rosie I can drink, everything else I've tried tastes like shit.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'm still mystified why people drink white cider. It tastes worse than vodka.

Quote by vennaco
I could swill strongbow all day long.

Wrong thread. We're talking about cider.

My favourite cider fact: About a year ago, Gaymers changed the flavour of their popular Blackthorn brand to something closer to the increasingly popular 'sweet' ciders (Magners and that). This change was met with increased sales everywhere except down in the westcountry, where we actually know about cider, and various campaign groups defaced Blackthorn posters demanding the original flavour back. The company relented, and the south-west is now the only place where you can buy original flavour Blackthorn.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Last edited by Neopowell the PUSO at Sep 9, 2010,
Just a shame that the original Blackthorn tastes like shit.

I used to buy that stuff like 6 years ago when I was looking for cheap stuff to get wrecked with! That and Scottsmac.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Merrydown is where it's at.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by metacarpi
Just a shame that the original Blackthorn tastes like shit.

It's still better than Strongbow or that bloody bottled 'serve over ice' stuff.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I went through a cider phase when i was 16/17, but got sick of it after too many nights throwing up from it, plus it gives a horrid hangover, so i stick to lager now.

Strawberry and lime koppaberg is the tits though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by CaptainBumout
Pear cider is the closest thing to an easily swallowable alcoholic drink that i'm ever going to find I think. It's amazing.

Lager/beer is just... ugh, an out loud ugh.

Ya' girl.

I love cider. Though unfortunately I have no barometer for quality. If it gets the job done, I'll drink it.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
It's still better than Strongbow or that bloody bottled 'serve over ice' stuff.

So's my piss, but you don't see me striving to drink that!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
So's my piss, but you don't see me striving to drink that!

Of course. Umm...me neither...

Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I'm very partial to a bit of Blackthorn and Stowford Press.

Anyone ever tried mulled cider? I really liked that when I had some.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

the best drink ever. But you look a right alcoholic as its pretty much only served in 2L jugs.
Quote by l3vity

the best drink ever. But you look a right alcoholic as its pretty much only served in 2L jugs.

not a problem if your a weekend warrior i sound a bit irresponsible saying that aswell and i work weekends never stops me beign a silly bugger and going to the pub
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Page 1 of 3