hello,
is there an interface that allows you to connect especially an electric guitar, but also a mic into the computer, that has all the preamps and stuff to get sound on the computer ?
Last edited by goribigon at Sep 9, 2010,
Yup, it's called the Line 6 Toneport UX1 with Podfarm.

It has everything you need, you can even record mic and electric guitar at the same time. Comes with a pretty decent plugin that you can buy better expansions for if you want to. If you want to hear what it sounds like, everything on my profile is recorded with the toneport and the software it comes with (as far as guitars, bass and vocals go).

EDIT: ^ or UX2
Oh I just said UX2 because (I believe) it has phantom power, which the UX1 doesn't. Though you only need phantom power with condenser mics. But I personally had the UX1 and it was awesome, low latency Line 6 asio drivers with hardware mixing. Yay. Too bad I destroyed it

Definitely getting a UX2 as my interface after I buy an amp.
Last edited by Ignite at Sep 9, 2010,
Quote by Ignite
Oh I just said UX2 because (I believe) it has phantom power, which the UX1 doesn't. Though you only need phantom power with condenser mics. But I personally had the UX1 and it was awesome, low latency Line 6 asio drivers with hardware mixing. Yay. Too bad I destroyed it

Definitely getting a UX2 as my interface after I buy an amp.

why do you need both the amp and the ux2 ?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Maybe he wants to mic up his amp instead of using VSTs?

it will sound better this way ?
Quote by goribigon
it will sound better this way ?

Only if you know what you're doing and have a decent mic and a good amp and cabinet. If you don't, no, it most likely wont sound better.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 9, 2010,
Learn to mic up your amp. I personally lie the Edirol Ua25 interfaces for a cheap desktop one. comes with sonar LE as well which is great.

This will sound better (if you can mic and have A nice amp)
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
dont go Line 6 if you have Windows 7 x64, major compatibility issues !