Hi sorry for bringing this up, im sure that this has been posted for more than a billion times... BUT I really can't be bothered doing the Toothpick trick so here goes the question...
Does Schaller Strap lock fit Yamaha Pacifica perfectly? if the screw from the strap lock doesn't fit, would I be able to use my orginal screws on the Schaller strap locks?
Thanks!
haha i had this same problem with my SG except i only realised after i paid for the locks haha, ok you can use the same screws if they fit into the lock provided with the Schaller locks but to be honest this is unlikely. What happened me was the screw that was orignally in the neck was too big so the screw given with the Schaller lock didnt get a thread and was really loose. I had to drill a new hole in the steel plate for the strap lock. It worked really well but its a two person job and you have to be really careful doing it to 'cause once you drill holes in your guitar there is no going back. But the one on the base of the guitar worked fine butin both cases the screws originally in the SG were way too big for the Schaller locks. If you want more details on how i installed mine give me a shout.
Why not do the toothpick trick?

You are supposed to use glue along with the toothpicks, and by doing that you are making that straplockhole equivilant to a normal wall-raw-plug

a normal wall-raw-plug:

it beats drilling new holes in your guitar by several thousand miles and is an extremely easy fix! After all your guitar was made of wood pieces that have been glued together in the first place, so you are just add'ing a little more material!

....LOBSTER!!!!

I just felt like writing that ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
yeah that sounds good but probably abit messy to be honest, the hole drilling worked pretty good, really neat job and the guitar actually feels better now, but that could just be me imagining things. And well on the SG the screw in question was one of the four screws holding the neck to the main body so i didnt want to remove it and replace it with glue, toothpicks and the shitty little screw Schaller provide. I know the neck would have been fine with with three screws but still im sure it came with four big ass screws for a reason

Quote by TheBloodstained
Why not do the toothpick trick?

You are supposed to use glue along with the toothpicks, and by doing that you are making that straplockhole equivilant to a normal wall-raw-plug

a normal wall-raw-plug:

it beats drilling new holes in your guitar by several thousand miles and is an extremely easy fix! After all your guitar was made of wood pieces that have been glued together in the first place, so you are just add'ing a little more material!

....LOBSTER!!!!

I just felt like writing that ^^
Quote by slasher2169
yeah that sounds good but probably abit messy to be honest, the hole drilling worked pretty good, really neat job and the guitar actually feels better now, but that could just be me imagining things. And well on the SG the screw in question was one of the four screws holding the neck to the main body so i didnt want to remove it and replace it with glue, toothpicks and the shitty little screw Schaller provide. I know the neck would have been fine with with three screws but still im sure it came with four big ass screws for a reason

in that case I understand you! I wouldn't mess around with the bolt on screws either. I thought you was talking about a strap button that was located at the "upper horn", like on a strat!

My bad! ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by TheBloodstained
in that case I understand you! I wouldn't mess around with the bolt on screws either. I thought you was talking about a strap button that was located at the "upper horn", like on a strat!

My bad! ^^

haha no worries man, it was a bitch of a job though, the screw was made extra long becuase of the strap stud, but when i took it off i had to cut the tip of the screw off 'cause if i didnt it would have come right through the neck. Nothing is an easy job when it comes to guitar hahaha