In celebration of Metallica’s upcoming Australian and New Zealand tour, the metal titans are releasing a special EP. The Six Feet Down Under EP is an eight-song release that includes live tracks recorded from Metallica’s previous visits to that part of the world. The EP, which contains songs from as far back as 1989, was announced on Metallica.com.

We're getting psyched up for our return to Australia and New Zealand next week . . . it's been six long years since we've visited and we're ready to throw down! The nice people at Universal Music were so darn excited that they actually suggested that we release something special to commemorate this last run of World Magnetic tour dates, so . . . ta-da . . . we present the "Six Feet Down Under" limited edition EP! Coming to Trans-Tasman record stores and right here at the Metallica.com Store on September 20.

Tracklist :
1. “Eye of the Beholder” - Recorded live on May 4, 1989 at Festival Hall in Melbourne
2. “...And Justice For All” - Recorded live on May 4, 1989 at Festival Hall in Melbourne
3. “Through the Never” - Recorded live on April 8, 1993 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
4. “The Unforgiven” - Recorded live on April 4, 1993 at the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne
5. “Low Man’s Lyric” (Acoustic) - Recorded live on April 11, 1998 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
6. “Devil’s Dance” - Recorded live on April 12, 1998 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
7. “Frantic” - Recorded live on January 21, 2004 at the Entertainment Centre in Sydney
8. “Fight Fire with Fire” - Recorded live on January 19, 2004 at the Entertainment Centre in Brisbane

Heading Down Under @ Metallica.com

Metallica to release new EP @ Gibson.com
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Last edited by Ramwen at Sep 9, 2010,
To the Metallica thread!

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
lol metal forum
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Yes there is a Metallica thread already, but everyone there is just hating on Death Magnetic and St. Anger. I wanted to make a thread to only talk about this particular EP.
Oh well, 11 days to go
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Megadeth are way better than Metallica!

It's funny because it's true.

Although I do enjoy some Metallica. I was under the impression that there would be new songs on this EP.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
It's funny because it's true.

Although I do enjoy some Metallica. I was under the impression that there would be new songs on this EP.

Agreed except for the voice. James' baritone > Dave's helium-fueled whine.

ANyway, how much is the EP?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I've hated everything they've done since 1986 (with the exception of St. Anger) so i'll give this one a miss
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
EDIT: ^wait whut

You hate everything after Master, but you like St. Anger?

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by necrosis1193
Agreed except for the voice. James' baritone > Dave's helium-fueled whine.

His voice is really a love/hate thing, like Billy Corgan's or Geddy Lee's.
Too bad they are absolute shit live.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Primus2112

ಠ_ಠ

Ride the Lighting > Master of Puppets > Kill 'Em All > St Anger > Black Album > Everything else.

Fight me.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Primus2112

ಠ_ಠ

His voice is really a love/hate thing, like Billy Corgan's or Geddy Lee's.

I'm warming up to it, but I'll still take a fuller, heavier voice over it if I can. Instrumentation-wise though, I definitely prefer MegaDave.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Primus2112

I'm afraid so. Kill 'em all and Ride the Lightning in particular were amazing, when i heard St. Anger it was kind of like hearing a return to their old ways. Sure it wasn't the best quality but there was something raw about it that other Metallica albums just don't have
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by necrosis1193
(Invalid img)

I'm warming up to it, but I'll still take a fuller, heavier voice over it if I can. Instrumentation-wise though, I definitely prefer MegaDave.

*saved*

Yeah, Cliff's playing was better than Dave Jr's, but Dave Jr has always had a better tone.

@asator: Bring it.

Quote by Set list
1. “Eye of the Beholder” - Recorded live on May 4, 1989 at Festival Hall in Melbourne
2. “...And Justice For All” - Recorded live on May 4, 1989 at Festival Hall in Melbourne
3. “Through the Never” - Recorded live on April 8, 1993 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
4. “The Unforgiven” - Recorded live on April 4, 1993 at the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne
5. “Low Man’s Lyric” (Acoustic) - Recorded live on April 11, 1998 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
6. “Devil’s Dance” - Recorded live on April 12, 1998 at the Entertainment Centre in Perth
7. “Frantic” - Recorded live on January 21, 2004 at the Entertainment Centre in Sydney
8. “Fight Fire with Fire” - Recorded live on January 19, 2004 at the Entertainment Centre in Brisbane

Thats a pretty crap set list IMO.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I near shat !

I knew it was gonna be a live ep but no harm in hoping i suppose !
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"