Alright so my Ernie Ball Regulars are wearing a lil' thin now after about 8 months of use (yeah I know, I'm cheap ). I'm using a knockoff SG with an Irongear rolling mill in the bridge, and play mostly heavy/overdrive stuff. BUT, I also fingerpick.

A mate thinks I should get Super slinkys, I was thinking either that or Power slinkys, but power slinkys would be a lil' hard on the fingerpicking wouldn't they?

Cheers
Last edited by spleenharvester at Sep 9, 2010,
I love Super Slinkys. But it's all personal preference. I don't know much about strings though but I assume the power slinkys are 11's? In that case they might be too thick. But it would be do-able.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I'd go with regular 10 - 46 unless you downtune. And you really should change your strings more often...they're 5 bucks a pack.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Go for 10s! I use 9s for ease of use, but 10s is in between them, I mean I don't know you so 11s might feel great for you, personally they're too heavy for me, then I have ickle hands.
The powers are 11, yeah.

Quote by fastlanestoner
I'd go with regular 10 - 46 unless you downtune. And you really should change your strings more often...they're 5 bucks a pack.

Hmm, I was wondering that, either regular or super slinky methinks. Also, I get £10 a month and they're £5 a pop over here so I gotta make them last

Pretty much, regulars or super then?
D'Addario's sound less bright than your average slinkys, but prehaps you'll appreciate the warmer tone. Also, imho they're better at providing a more consistent sound throughout the first 2 months or so of playing whereas Ernie Balls (I haven't tried the coated ones) lose their initial tone pretty quickly (some people actually seem to like this for some reason). Elixirs are said to age even slower, but they're also more expensive

Also, keep in mind that changing string gauges will probably mean that you have to re-setup your guitar (meaning you might have to adjust bridge/saddle height + intonation...)

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^