My band is playing a pretty large gig, Headliners to be exact.

I was just wondering if you guys had any tips at all.

Have any of you guys played there?

My band has been together 4 years and already played around quite a bit, so we aren't actually that new to this.

But words of advice or encouragement?
Try not to fall off stage, or offend the audience, or play wrong notes.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Make sure your instruments are plugged in and the drummer has drumsticks.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Just enjoy it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
circle pit
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Squat down REALLY low and headbang really fast. Try to look like a crab. Also jump in the air and lift your guitar over your head whilst kicking forward. You'll look SOOO COOL.

Serious answer: interact with the audience a bit, but not too much. move about a bit on stage. and yeah, don't play wrong notes :P
Quote by Fisheth24
Just enjoy it.

This.

Sounds like you guys are already experienced in playing shows, so just have fun with it.
Congrats guys.
Quote by guitar12
1. Realize the audience don't notice when you make mistakes

2. Have fun

Best advice so far... Have some effin fun
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
General rules of politeness, be nice to the sound guys, other bands, promoters etc. It will do you many favours in the long run.

Also, when my band headlines gigs, we always take a moment in our set to thank the support acts. This might sound cocky but being on the receiving end of gratitude, when supporting a bigger band is both rewarding and just plain awesome, IMHO. The bigger bands draw fans for the smaller bands, which is one of the benefits of supporting big bands, and if you help the support groups out, then bigger bands are more likely to return the favour.

As said before, really enjoy it. Its a great feeling, knowing that the majority of the crowd turned up to watch you and your band play.

Good luck with the gig, hope this helped
Have fun have fun have fun... I know it has been said a ton of times, but really, it's the best advice out there.

PS: We will be having a gig in a week, and guess what I'll do? HAVE FUN!!!!!
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

Quote by guitar12
1. Realize the audience don't notice when you make mistakes

2. Have fun

This. The only gig I ever played I ****ed up a solo so bad I nearly wanted to kill myself. Then afterward people started telling me how great I played.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
shout UG FTW at the end of your set.

don't actually do that, just try and stay relaxed while putting on a good show. And don't fall
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Don't let your penis hang out. Unless you happen to be Rammstein, people won't enjoy it.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Establish your dominance

First thing I do when I go on stage is say "Dragonlance, bitches. Hail the fucking Soulforged"

If they're not down with Raistlin, kick em out
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
Establish your dominance

First thing I do when I go on stage is say "Dragonlance, bitches. Hail the fucking Soulforged"

If they're not down with Raistlin, kick em out

Smack them with your Staff of Magius.
Quote by nalyd
Smack them with your Staff of Magius.

You are my most favorite person, ever.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88

You are my most favorite person, ever.

I could talk for days about Dragonlance. Days.
Don't stick the penis out,also goes for Sabaton (yea,the lead singer did this at Graspop).

Smile!
I mean,show that you appreciate to be there (even if u don't..) and that you are having a good time.
I personally like a band more if you can see that they love what they're doing,this shows confidence!
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
1. Soundchecksoundchecksoundchecksoundcheck. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get the levels just right, make sure the EQ is good and proper, that if something is dead or dying, you get a replacement before going on.

2. Spares. Something is going to happen. Have a backup when it does.

3. Stage presence. The audience doesn't care if you miss a note here or there as long as, on a whole, things sound rightish. How do you think everyone in the 60's and 70's got away just improvising? Jimmy Page would always jam the Stairway solo, arguably one of if not the most famous guitar solo ever. They are however going to care about entertainment value. If I have a choice between hitting some odd notes and putting on a show, I'm putting on a show; It's more fun, and the crowd will love it more. Nobody wants a band that plays everything precisely the same every time and just stands there, they want an energetic band that can take the concept recorded, then make it bring them to tears live.

4. Expanding on 3, the audience is your friend, not your enemy. If you're nervous, it'll show. Remember they want a good time too, they're there to cheer you on, not be a scolding eye.

5. Sign merchandise. It's a huge incentive to buy something if you can get the artist to sign it for you.

6. As said, have fun. That's what it's about at the end of the day.

You probably knew most of this since you've been going for a few years, but just in case.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Best thing I can say is just enjoy it like it were any other show. Only difference being that you need to be that much more animated and interactive since you're the headliner. No one goes to see the headliner just to see what should be a suppoting act. Good luck to you, and blow a hole in the roof!
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
1. Soundchecksoundchecksoundchecksoundcheck. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get the levels just right, make sure the EQ is good and proper, that if something is dead or dying, you get a replacement before going on.

This. Make sure the singer's volumes are properly adjusted... almost every non-pro band I've seen had their singer's voice too soft or too loud.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?