Just turned on my bugera 6262 combo after warming her up and got blasted with the loudest most horrible high pitch feedback, it scared the crap out of me! After calming down I checked the volume knobs and they were both set to 0 almost and checked the tubes which were all glowing orange as normal. I tried it agian with all the knobs down and the guitar unplugged (plus ear protection) and still the same loud feedback, it even hurt with ear plugs in...

So, do you think that one of the tubes is dead or gone microphonic? Or could this be a bigger problem?
Could be anything really, hard to diagnose problems like this when we can't see the amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Check all your leads and stuff, don't play close to the amp. Try basic things first.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
that is a goofy problem

nothing plugged in and all the knobs on zero?

you can try swapping some of the preamp tubes around. V1 for V2. Go slow. Write it down what you are doing and keep track.

report back

is this new or used?
the amp was new when bought, but I have had it for about 2 years now so it is due for a tube change. I was planning on getting new ones anyways so if it is the tubes then its not much of a problem.

I have tried the basics aswell, the guitar was plugged in at first when I turned it on and then the second time i unplugged and made sure all the volumes were at 0, I was on the clean channel also, but still got the feedback. I haven't tried the lead channel yet as the sound was so unbearably loud but I may do if any of you think it could shed some light on the problem.
I don't think it will hurt if you try the lead channel but I'd swap a few preamp tubes around first. If you get that same noise then I wouldn't turn it on anymore and I'd take it to a tech.

This might be some helpful stuff too.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BeerChurch/blog/
This one's got a master volume, right?
Sounds like a cap in the power supply went. I hope you're under warranty.
I don't think it will hurt if you try the lead channel but I'd swap a few preamp tubes around first. If you get that same noise then I wouldn't turn it on anymore and I'd take it to a tech. This might be some helpful stuff too. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BeerChurch/blog/

yeah I'll try swapping the tubes alittle later and see if it solves anything, and lol its quite funny you posted beerchurches blog. I had that problem about a year back now and used his guide to fix it its been fine since then, and I know its not the same kinda problem agian because I just got no sound with that, this is the complete opposite.

This one's got a master volume, right? Sounds like a cap in the power supply went. I hope you're under warranty.

Nah, volume for clean and lead volume. and that doesn't sound good if it is that.. no warranty =/
^swapping out a capacitor is not that big of a deal but swapping out an Output Transformer, for example, would be.

If already done some 'fixes' to your amp there is a good chance the warranty is no good anyway. I'd find a local amp tech that you can trust. Don't take it to a place like GC that just ships amps off to somewhere else.

+1 Colin