I'm in the market for a new amp that can play hard rock/metal, also with decent cleans, that can play small gigs and is around $300-400. I've got my eye on the Peavey Vypyr 75 and Vypyr Tube 60. I like everything about the vypyr series, but im not sure which is the better decision for me. Is it really worth it that I spend the extra money for the tube 60? cuz if i do get the tube 60, I'd prolly have to go used since its already $450, plus another hundred or so for the sanpera pedal (which I need for live situations). I'm fine going used, I just think it be more of a hassle. Or should I go with the Vypyr 75 which will only run me about $400 with the pedal. Basically, is there that big of a difference between tones?
The Tube one certainly sounds better, $50 isn't exactly a lot of money. It's definatly worth saving for.. Saying that, the normal Vypyr isn't bad at all, it's a great amp. But the Tube one is a bit better.

One piece of advice I'd give to anyone in a situation like this is - decide what you REALLY want, and get that, even if that means saving for it, if you just settle for second best, you'll only regret it.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I'd say get the tube one. In my opinion, you can't beat tubes. They just feel more 'real', compared to digital.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
The tube sounds way better IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by FuzzLove
The Tube one certainly sounds better, $50 isn't exactly a lot of money. It's definatly worth saving for.. Saying that, the normal Vypyr isn't bad at all, it's a great amp. But the Tube one is a bit better.

One piece of advice I'd give to anyone in a situation like this is - decide what you REALLY want, and get that, even if that means saving for it, if you just settle for second best, you'll only regret it.

+1

excellent advise!