I'm travelling to the USA in december and that's the couple I find better for my budget and for what I wanna play with it.

Budget is around US$1500,00...

Amp doesnt have to be big but I preffer tube. (I don't have a band, yet, so It's mostly practicing).

I wonder if it could handle Black Sabbath(eg iron man), AC/DC, GnR, as well as more modern stuff like the offspring and 30 seconds to mars?

Any sugestion is wide open concerning both amp and guitar, I want the best for my budget and i think it's gonna be hard to find something used although I don't mind trying.

Thanks for your time fellows.

Edit: OMG, I forgot to add The strokes to the list and mention that if I could find a Les Paul std used, that would be the guitar.
Last edited by skuzye at Sep 9, 2010,
I don't think the AC4 is what you're looking for. It would also be nigh impossible to use in a band situation without micing, which isn't practical at very small gigs or at practice.

Also, never buy new. SG's can be had for around $500 used, which would give you $1000 left. With that, you could very easily find a JCM combo, which imo would suit your styles a lot better. Also, you'd even have a couple hundred left probably, unless you can't find any good deals while you're here.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I don't think the AC4 is what you're looking for. It would also be nigh impossible to use in a band situation without micing, which isn't practical at very small gigs or at practice.

Also, never buy new. SG's can be had for around $500 used, which would give you $1000 left. With that, you could very easily find a JCM combo, which imo would suit your styles a lot better. Also, you'd even have a couple hundred left probably, unless you can't find any good deals while you're here.

perfect advice. no other post is needed.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Offworld92

Thanks very much! I approve your advice and I'm gonna try to find a SG used.

What JCM model do you have in mind specifically?
Last edited by skuzye at Sep 10, 2010,
Well, the JCM800's are my personal favorites, but they also happen to be much more costly and more rare, I think. You'd probably find a JCM900 easier/cheaper, but they're both good. You can check both of them out on Youtube to get an idea of what they're like.

EDIT: Oh, you may like a JCM2000 as well, but that's kind of a love/ hate amp. It works for some people, and not for others. There's also the DSL, but I was never really sure if that was the same thing or not. I'm not too well versed in Marshall.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by Offworld92
EDIT: Oh, you may like a JCM2000 as well, but that's kind of a love/ hate amp. It works for some people, and not for others. There's also the DSL, but I was never really sure if that was the same thing or not. I'm not too well versed in Marshall.

If I remember correctly DSLs are two channel JCM2000s, TSLs are three channel JCM2000s.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
Quote by Kyle-Rehm
If I remember correctly DSLs are two channel JCM2000s, TSLs are three channel JCM2000s.

correct
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?