Hey UG,

I went guitar shopping the other day because I had a little bit of cash that needed spending.

My local guitar dealer is a complete idiot but I didn't feel like going on a roadtrip to the nearest larger city, so I started local. I played a bunch of guitars but only one really caught my eye/ear.

It was a LP styled guitar from a brand that I had never heard of and when I asked the owner about it, he just said: " I don't know, they are all made in the same factory any way". It was pretty much his standard answer when I asked him about a cheapish guitar(and even a high end Epiphone). He was really eager to sell me an expensive guitar.

Anyway, the guitar was called Tenson sun burst LP. It looks and plays great. The double humbuckers can both be warm, bluesy and also really hard rocking when the distortion kicks in. Also it was very cheap. I didn't expect to have so much fun, for so little money. I havn't even been able to find it with google, so I don't know any specs except if feels quite heavy so it must be solid wood. It even got bindings but they could be painted on for all I know.

It was a true guitar surprise in other words. So I ask you, what have been you biggst guitar suprice?
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
A few years ago I bought a Hamer XT Series A/T2 for £300 and the other week I went bck to the same store and found they are now selling the same models for £1200, don't if I got mine for the right price and the are over charging now or if they marked mine the wrong price but either way I couldn't be happier lol
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
OP: http://www.tenson-guitars.com/

My biggest surprise was that when I was finished putting together my Esquire build out of approx. $250 in parts, it played and sounded better than most MIM Fenders. Sweet guitar!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
when my parents came home one day with a squire and amp.

It wasnt much, but it was awesome!
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by MortifiedLizard
OP: http://www.tenson-guitars.com/

My biggest surprise was that when I was finished putting together my Esquire build out of approx. $250 in parts, it played and sounded better than most MIM Fenders. Sweet guitar!

Why the hell didn't google show me that? Maybe it's for the best because the website is completly retarded.

To vigenharutyunya: Whatever floats my boat - I was lucky.
"Or so you think..."
When I went out to buy myself a new guitar some weeks ago I was surprised how much I liked Fenders and went home with an American Special HSS Strat.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
When I went out to buy myself a new guitar some weeks ago I was surprised how much I liked Fenders and went home with an American Special HSS Strat.

Oh, a fat strat - excellent choice sir!
"Or so you think..."