Hey everyone I'm desperately trying to capture the tone of Syu's guitar in the attached video with little luck. I know it won't be identical, but if anyone can help me out with my settings it would be amazingly appreciated. I'm playing a Dean Split Tail, through a Line 6 Spider3 75W, enjoy the video it's a great demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsw9e2qUfU
have you had a look on line 6's website theres loads presets on there on one of the forums, not sure if it wil have what your looking for but there was a fair few
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Yes but unfortunately I can't download presets with the Spider3 and, I haven't had the luxury of purchasing a Floor POD yet, so I'm stuck chasing tone through what setting control is available through the Spider3. I have an identical post at Line 6 though as I'm very desperate for help.
It's a spider. Honestly, you'd be very lucky to get a good tone out of it, in my experience.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
It's a spider. Honestly, you'd be very lucky to get a good tone out of it, in my experience.

This. Also, I found with my old Spider that I got the best tone when I hurled it through a 10th story window.
Quote by nightwindelf88
This. Also, I found with my old Spider that I got the best tone when I hurled it through a 10th story window.

Holy Crap that was funny

TS - yeah the Line 6 web forum has a whole user community that works on and share patches. I'd try that. We have an Ultimate Settings thread here in GGnA too and seperate settings questions are looked down upon.

PS: Actually, most of on this board like Line 6 a lot. I own a UX-1 and would love to own a Vetta. the Spider Valve is OK for the money. Their POD products are great as are most of their pedals
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 9, 2010,
I wasn't aware of the Ultimate Setting thread, I'll take a look around there thanks.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Holy Crap that was funny

TS - yeah the Line 6 web forum has a whole user community that works on and share patches. I'd try that. We have an Ultimate Settings thread here in GGnA too and seperate settings questions are looked down upon.

To the OP, do that. It's your best bet. Not many people around here like Line 6 Spiders. Or very many Line 6 products at all.

To 311, you're envisioning me doing this, aren't you? Sad part is, it's ALL TRUE. Made a nice chunk-y sound when it hit the ground. Best sound it ever made.