I'm really getting into this style of music called "djent", and I know it uses super-low tunings a lot. I'm going to use the tuning G#-G#-C#-F#-A#-D#, and I need to know what guitar I should get. I have a guitar already, it's just that I don't want to constantly tune it between that and drop A. I don't know what guitar I should buy for the "djent" stuff. And...would a .60 be good for the low G#? Like if I bought a 7-string set and skipped the 6th string?

My budget is around...$300.
Quote by cob666
i think the amp is more important in djent type music

In that case...Line 6 amp? Isn't that what they all use?
Quote by Ginsu
In that case...Line 6 amp? Isn't that what they all use?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Absolutely not.

They tend to use things like the ENGL Powerball, Peavey 6505+, Mesa Boogie Rectifiers, etc.
Quote by Mangohabs
i think a line 6 spider and one of these should be perfect:
http://img3cdn.adoosimg.com/c3cf8fea3f49db744a7a8d7f034c-1-3.jpg

Quote by mishax92
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Absolutely not.

They tend to use things like the ENGL Powerball, Peavey 6505+, Mesa Boogie Rectifiers, etc.

I suppose that would explain why my guitar playing doesn't sound right. Cuz...I have a Line 6. Darn. Well what's a good metal guitar then? With like a 27" scale length, if possible for under $300?
Well any solid body guitar with humbuckers can do metal. The other thing that matters more then the guitar is the way you pick. You have to pick closer to the neck then you normally would, if you wanna be another bulb/meshuggah clone
Whaaaat!!!!!!
You don't really need a 27" guitar.

I play djent on my Ibanez (25.5") in both the Periphery (AGCFAD) and the Sikth (G#G#C#F#A#D#) tunings and it plays just fine. I'm using a 12-52 set and the low string could be a bit tighter but it works.

As for tone... you want something with less gain than you'd think, and more bite. Turn up your mids, treble and presence a bit.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by cob666
if you wanna be another bulb/meshuggah clone

No cloning here. I'm actually a keyboard player primarily, so there's a lot more keyboard in my djent. It's kind of more...ambient...in parts. Lotsa synth leads. I call it Electrodjent.

Thanks guys.