Im no gear freak... I rely on a handful of pedals, but its been a hecvk of a nightmare when practicing with my band. My current setup consists of a couple of Fender Strats, a Vox AC30-VR and its footswitch, a EHX Bif Muff, EHX Memory Boy, and a Vox Wah. Now I don't know how many of you guys have actually tried this amp but as much as I love it I can't get my set up to sound "great", especially at high volumes! The Big Muff sounds horrible when I crank my amp. Sooo given this info.... any recommendations? Should I replace any of this pedals? Add (blank)? Or take out?
Thanks in Advance UG!
Before you try and replace pedals and whatnot, try going through just the amp and see if you can get a good sound that you like. Whenever I play with pedals, it is helpful to know just how the amp will sound without them, and how it will react to whatever I am doing to it. In other words, get in tune with the amp! =)
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Quote by vodoochile
Before you try and replace pedals and whatnot, try going through just the amp and see if you can get a good sound that you like. Whenever I play with pedals, it is helpful to know just how the amp will sound without them, and how it will react to whatever I am doing to it. In other words, get in tune with the amp! =)

+1

That is pretty much what I was going to say. I don't have any experience with the VR though. From my limited knowledge the Memory Boy and the Vox Wah should be fine. I use a Russian Big Muff at loud volumes just fine, but I don't gig. You may need a new OD pedal though. What kind of tone are you going after?

EDIT Snap: VR = Valve Reactor = Hybrid

that may be part of the problem...take the Muff out altogether and get the best tone possible. If you can't get it that way you may want to look at a different amp.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 9, 2010,
Im really just a distortion/clean kinda player but I would like to add something to boost my signal for solos to stand out. Im really into Primus Larry Lalonde's tone. So im trying to get something similar with what I have right now, without copying him obviously. Can you guys give me more details to "tune in with the amp". In my head I have tried everything but I keep getting tons of feedback with the Big Muff
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

That is pretty much what I was going to say. I don't have any experience with the VR though. From my limited knowledge the Memory Boy and the Vox Wah should be fine. I use a Russian Big Muff at loud volumes just fine, but I don't gig. You may need a new OD pedal though. What kind of tone are you going after?

EDIT Snap: VR = Valve Reactor = Hybrid

that may be part of the problem...take the Muff out altogether and get the best tone possible. If you can't get it that way you may want to look at a different amp.

It worked! lol But damn! I love the Big Muff to death! Oh well! Thanks a ton guys!