Well I've saved up enough money to buy myself a new guitar, but I'm split between two completely different choices.

Choice one:
Agile Dauntless SBD - $279.95
Plus a case, ($59.95) and new locking tuners for guitar fetish ($29.95) comes out to about $400 once shipping is counted in and that doesn't include new pickups if I dislike the stock ones.

-OR-

Choice two:
Douglas Fulcrum V - $99.99
Plus a case, ($59.95) and completely re-do the WHOLE thing, new bridge, new pickups, new pots, new knobs, new tuners, new nut, new switch, and a new jack. All that for about $170 on Guitar Fetish. That would all come out to ~$350 or so once all is said and done.

Now, here is where I'm confused: Would completely redoing a guitar and saving in the area of $100 or so be worth it the trouble? Are the Douglas Fulcrum V's good base guitars? I read a review on another forum that said they were amazingly built but had shitty electronics and hardware (hence why I'd replace it all), and another one said that Douglas guitars are terrible..

Help?
The Agile by far. Re-building a cheap guitar is the same exact concept as buying a crappy car and planning on modding it and making a profit.
Quote by Alucard817
with all the mods you plan, why not just go for the agile AL-3100

I don't have enough money for a 3100, Which is why I want to go for a dauntless and get straplocks, locking tuners and maybe new pickups.
To get straplocks, locking tuners and maybe new pickups could run you easily $250+

You might as well get like an AL-3100 or a different LP styled guitar.
Quote by Somekid94
I don't have enough money for a 3100, Which is why I want to go for a dauntless and get straplocks, locking tuners and maybe new pickups.

to be honest with all the upgrades you plan your looking at 500 bucks, with guitar.

you might as well get a guitar you wont have to upgrade.
for a bit more you can get a PRS
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Singlecut-Electric-Guitar?sku=519375#used
It's $20 for dunlop straplocks and $30 for Guitar fetish locking tuners....

EDIT: Found a 3100 in black for $299.99. I'll get it and see where to go from there.
Last edited by Somekid94 at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by Somekid94
It's $20 for dunlop straplocks and $30 for Guitar fetish locking tuners....

EDIT: Found a 3100 in black for $299.99. I'll get it and see where to go from there.

the thing is dude, if you plan on getting new pups, your looking at 100 bucks a pickup (depending on brand/model) might as well save the hassle.
Sorry but GFS locking tuners are going to be as nice as the die-cast Grovers that come with the guitar, bro.