Im new here ive been playing for around a year in half and Im starting to enjoy guitar. I played the drums before and I want to get into the guitar now.
I like rock and metal.

I got a used sg thats beat up it dont play well and the headstocks got a crack
I also got a kustom 15 watt practice amp.

Im looking to buy a new guitar and amp around jan.

I like the guitars that look like the hellraisers and the jackson dinkys. Ive been looking at the jackson, ibenez and esp ,shector price my range will be around 600 new or used.

out of thos who gives the most bang for your buck and playable?

and what amp do you metal guys recommend for something at home but gives you a good tone and options?

thanks for the help
Well for starters you haven't said the currency you're buying in... So 600 is just a useless figure... And you haven't said how much you're setting for an amp. Or is it 600 for both?
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Well for starters you haven't said the currency you're buying in... So 600 is just a useless figure... And you haven't said how much you're setting for an amp. Or is it 600 for both?

sorry you got a point
$600 for the guitar and I would spend about 200 on an amp.
Quote by normajean7890
sorry you got a point
$600 for the guitar and I would spend about 200 on an amp.

you really should spend more on the amp
you can get a used schecter hellraiser for under 600 with or without the floyd. For the amp, I'd get a vox valvetronix 15 watt.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

+1 to spending more on an amp.

I'd say about $300 on guitar, and $500 on an amp
$400 on the guitar.
$400 on the amp.
Or $300 on the guitar and $500 on the amp.
A good guitar won't sound good through a bad amp.
I'd like to say 'stay away from Schecter' but that's just me.
I'd go with a nice Jackson Dinky
And perhaps this.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Sep 9, 2010,
The Dinky's are nice, but I'd stay away from a Spider amp, a Peavey Vyper is a better choice IMO
Quote by telemetal
The Dinky's are nice, but I'd stay away from a Spider amp, a Peavey Vyper is a better choice IMO

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VYPYR-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482912
Would that work?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
I really like ESP. I would go with one of those..
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
That'd work perfectly I think. It's versatile, can get quite loud and is one of the better modelling amps, and Peaveys are all built like tanks as well.
I would agree on the peavey vypyr over the Spider by a longshot. Spiders are good for beginners for the first few months with the various sounds you can get out of it... but then later when you get more serious with guitar you'll wish you hadn't bought it.
As for guitars I don't know really. Just make sure you get a decent amp and then it'll make the guitar sound better. It doesn't work the other way round
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Mkay, so we found an amp for him. Now we just need a guitar. Which is really all going to depend on him trying it out.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
wow thanks for the help

I seem to like the jackson dinkys and esp guitars that look like them.

I see what you are saying about the amp But I guess it does make the sound

do any of you guys own the Peavey Vyper? would you spend that much on the amp?

also Ive been reading into these two guitars and some people say the jackson quality sucks is this true or are they just fanboys of another company?
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
I would agree on the peavey vypyr over the Spider by a longshot. Spiders are good for beginners for the first few months with the various sounds you can get out of it... but then later when you get more serious with guitar you'll wish you hadn't bought it.
As for guitars I don't know really. Just make sure you get a decent amp and then it'll make the guitar sound better. It doesn't work the other way round

right on the money!!!
HILT!

Where's Waldo?