How do you put tabs of your favorite songs on Guitar Pro then Play how they would sound? Can anyone help I just downloaded the Trial.
me no understand....
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Oh well theres this software called Guitar Pro 6 and apparently you can have tabs sounded out for you so you can see if the tabs are accurate or not and I just want someone to tell me if they know how.
download a guitar pro tab for any song from UG and press play
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
But how do you put the tabs onto Guitar Pro? I just downloaded the software and I'm new to it.
After you install GP you should just be able to double click the tab you downloaded.
If not, just hit File>Open and do it from there
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
....I add an question to this Gp6 thread:

How can I convert gp6 songs into gp5 - the old version.
There is always that gpx shit. You cant change the format.
the new tabbed stuff sux. Always have to balance volume. some guitars are 'swallowed' or drown in the noise.

help.
Try out tuxguitar. It's free, so no money or shady cracks or trial periods involved, has pretty much the same interface and functionality as guitar pro, and better yet, can read & write guitar pro files (and powertab files too!)

As for getting the right tabs.. either you look for the tab in the GP format, and if you cant find any you tab it out yourself using a normal tab or transcribe by ear if that is something you can do.
I'm afraid that tux-guitar can't open gpx files. they are completely different from older versions of gp files.
Don't beam me up just yet Shoty.
I'm having a really good shiiiiiiiiiiiii
I don't have Guitar Pro 6 but I'm assuming to create Guitar Pro 5 files you would go File > Export > Guitar Pro 5.

Either that or when you go to save it, it should have a drop down box below the file name which allows you to select the file type you wish to save it as. If not, then chances are you simply can't do it.

nope!!!
That is the reason I ask. Because this doesnt work anymore....

Gp6 spit out gpx files... exports only midi etc...that is a crippled example of the gp file...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU READ 'H' I MEAN 'B'

GERMAN H = AMERICAN B

Export MIDI in GP6 and then import MIDI in GP5?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30
This may help...
There is a free program called Go Playalong (goplayalong.com), the latest versions read and play gpx files as well as other formats. Also exports to text file or PDF. You can edit the tab in the program of your choice after txt import or just do it manually.