what are the best passive humbuckers for blues/classic rock?
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
More detail is very much needed. Specific type of classic rock(Since that can stretch to everything from distorted 80's spandex-and-shred rock now, to 1960's Brit Pop), what artists you like the sound of, etc.

Also you may want to replace your amp first with either a good tube amp or a better solid-state amp; You're not going to hear a difference with a Spider.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Try a set of Seymour Duncan pickups (Jb series) or Dimarzio Evolution set. The Evo 2 gives a warmer less aggressive tone in the bridge pickup also if that's something you're looking for.
Depends on your amp, every aspect of the guitar and the particulars of your playing style. Pickups are for tweaking your tone, not for defining it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i know i need a new amp xD my amp tis not the shit.

and my budget is $150-200 (for both) and i play stuff like jimi hendrix, B.B. king, muddy waters, UFO, AC/DC you know :P
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
well if you want my opinion here it is
save that money for a good tube amp thatll get you closer to the sound you want more than any pick up
Again, I'd recommend seriously replacing the amp first and adding your budget to the amp budget, as the difference you'll notice will be about the difference between 9 and 10 on the tone knob. As said, the pickups don't control the tone; They're the serration on a knife of sound so to speak. Even if the serration is poor, the knife will still cut. However a well-made knife with a well-serrated blade will cut like a hot knife through butter. The amp is the blade, that's what's most important, and everyone you listed had a sound that generally you'll want tubes for.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
Again, I'd recommend seriously replacing the amp first and adding your budget to the amp budget, as the difference you'll notice will be about the difference between 9 and 10 on the tone knob. As said, the pickups don't control the tone; They're the serration on a knife of sound so to speak. Even if the serration is poor, the knife will still cut. However a well-made knife with a well-serrated blade will cut like a hot knife through butter. The amp is the blade, that's what's most important, and everyone you listed had a sound that generally you'll want tubes for.

a little drawn out, but perfect way of putting it. amp first, then tweak the tone from there. look into some used marshalls or into their new affordable line of tube amps.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
A PAF pro is great in the neck position and the bridge position too, but a dimarzio FRED in the bridge position is great because it's basically the PAF pro with more mids and with classic rock you probably are gonna want mids. But hey! tone is for the users ears!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
and yeah you'll want a good amp first
(PM Me.)
Quote by Roybordom
Try a set of Seymour Duncan pickups (Jb series) or Dimarzio Evolution set. The Evo 2 gives a warmer less aggressive tone in the bridge pickup also if that's something you're looking for.

I'm sorry, I just have to point this out, An EVO? For blues?!?! Are you nuts? That's the most sterile pickup ever made, even more sterile than the original EMG 81's.

You want blues, Barnuckle Black Dog for a more hot vintage sound with some midrange bite, BKP The Mule for that classic blues sound.

You want the best, BKP are some of the best. Expensive as shit, but still one of the best.
He won't be able to get a set of Bare Knuckles within his budget, and I would strongly argue that they are not one of the best anyway, especially given their overblown prices.

Still waiting on full guitar/amp/playing style info, otherwise any pickup suggestions are a blind stab in the dark.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You could try a bunch of high end guitars with good pickups in them and compare the tone. Thats how I settled on a dimarzio fred in the bridge position! And the paf pro in the neck with a coil split sounds bluesy!
(PM Me.)
Quote by MrFlibble
He won't be able to get a set of Bare Knuckles within his budget, and I would strongly argue that they are not one of the best anyway, especially given their overblown prices.

Still waiting on full guitar/amp/playing style info, otherwise any pickup suggestions are a blind stab in the dark.

Yeah, that's what I figured, and if you can find a better brand, then do it, cause I haven't found it. Rock Monkey pickups are the same amount of money, Iron Gear pickups are meh, GFS are meh, DiMarzio are meh, Seymore Duncan are meh. The fact that nobody is really selling their BKP's on the internet tells you that they are very good pickups.

Since TS can't afford them, then I would go with this, a SD Pearly Gates in the neck, and a SD SH-1N RP '59 in the bridge(was the combo in a Fender Spalted Maple Tele). It was actually a very impressive combo for that Tele, I liked it for blues.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, that's what I figured, and if you can find a better brand, then do it, cause I haven't found it. Rock Monkey pickups are the same amount of money, Iron Gear pickups are meh, GFS are meh, DiMarzio are meh, Seymore Duncan are meh. The fact that nobody is really selling their BKP's on the internet tells you that they are very good pickups.
Swineshead were leagues ahead of Bare Knuckle and cost about £30 per pickup at one point. Then of course they get up their own arses like Bare Knuckle and decided they should try getting away with £100 per pickup, which didn't work out well for them when bare Knuckle was a more established name. Shame, but that's how it goes.

Also, I would strongly argue that Seymour Duncan make better pickups the Bare Knuckle. DiMarzio, I'd put on par. Iron Gear and G&B are 80% of the way there and cost a fraction as much so they're still a viable choice for anyone who can't afford to throw their life savings into the guitars. Gibson make a few pickups which are, I woudl argue, superior to either Bare Knuckle or Seymour Duncan and cost around the same (though granted, many of their pickups are also terrible). Going on my experience with them, Bare Knuckle pickups are for people who want to brag about having spent two hundred quid on a set of pickups and who don't care about getting anything other than a generic and noticably muddy tone.

Of course, the king (or rather, queen) of pickups is Juicy, and they really deserve their £100-a-pop price tag. Give a set of Juicy pickups a go and you'll wonder why you ever paid more than £60 for a set of Bare Knuckles.

Since TS can't afford them, then I would go with this, a SD Pearly Gates in the neck, and a SD SH-1N RP '59 in the bridge(was the combo in a Fender Spalted Maple Tele). It was actually a very impressive combo for that Tele, I liked it for blues.
Other way around and it wasn't a Pearly gates, it was a Pearly Gates Plus which has quite a different tone and response to the Pearly Gates. Plus the '59 had its polarity flipped so the combined position gave an out of phase tone. Either way, not pickups I would suggest for blues and classic rock, at least not in that configuration.

I repeat again that there's no point in people making pickup suggestions until OP actually tells us which guitar these are intended for, what he is intending to replace his amp with and what his specific playing style is like.
Quote by MrFlibble
Swineshead were leagues ahead of Bare Knuckle and cost about £30 per pickup at one point. Then of course they get up their own arses like Bare Knuckle and decided they should try getting away with £100 per pickup, which didn't work out well for them when bare Knuckle was a more established name. Shame, but that's how it goes.

Also, I would strongly argue that Seymour Duncan make better pickups the Bare Knuckle. DiMarzio, I'd put on par. Iron Gear and G&B are 80% of the way there and cost a fraction as much so they're still a viable choice for anyone who can't afford to throw their life savings into the guitars. Gibson make a few pickups which are, I woudl argue, superior to either Bare Knuckle or Seymour Duncan and cost around the same (though granted, many of their pickups are also terrible). Going on my experience with them, Bare Knuckle pickups are for people who want to brag about having spent two hundred quid on a set of pickups and who don't care about getting anything other than a generic and noticably muddy tone.

Of course, the king (or rather, queen) of pickups is Juicy, and they really deserve their £100-a-pop price tag. Give a set of Juicy pickups a go and you'll wonder why you ever paid more than £60 for a set of Bare Knuckles.

Other way around and it wasn't a Pearly gates, it was a Pearly Gates Plus which has quite a different tone and response to the Pearly Gates. Plus the '59 had its polarity flipped so the combined position gave an out of phase tone. Either way, not pickups I would suggest for blues and classic rock, at least not in that configuration.

I repeat again that there's no point in people making pickup suggestions until OP actually tells us which guitar these are intended for, what he is intending to replace his amp with and what his specific playing style is like.

Everything is subjective dude, apparently you don't like Barenuckle pickups, I personally think they are worth the price tag, mainly cause of the life time warrently, I can send them in and have the bobbins changed to a different color anytime I want for free, and they hardly loose any value. I've tried alot of guitars with alot of different pickups through alot of different amps, and Barenuckle to me has been the best of them all.

I do want to try Rock Monkey's Neobucker, since it uses a completely unique magnet material which they say keeps the tight booming lows while maintaining clarity with the mids and highs, at 20k to 25k resistance.

No point in arguing this, there has been alot of good recommendations, except the EVO.
^ lulz.

Quote by dylman06

and my budget is $150-200 (for both) and i play stuff like jimi hendrix, B.B. king, muddy waters, UFO, AC/DC you know :P

sell the spider, add your savings and find a peavey classic 30 or traynor ycv20...
Sell the amp, and get a better amp
but if you really want to stick in the pickup topic, i would say Dimarzios or Seymour Duncan JBs