Page 1 of 4
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/florida.quran.burning/index.html

Since the International Burn a Quran Day thread is closed, I thought this warranted a new thread. Basically, Reverend Terry Jones has cancelled the Quran Burning for 9/11 because the Park51 community center is going to be relocated. However, Soho Properties denied that the mosque will be moved.

In the wake of this, the Westboro Baptist Church said they will burn Qurans if Dove World does not.
http://www.ocala.com/article/20100909/ARTICLES/100909743/-1/news?Title=Westboro-Baptist-Church-to-burn-Qurans-if-Dove-doesn-t

Thoughts on this? Personally, I live in Gainesville so I am glad to see this called off, but since the WBC has taken over who knows how much worse it might get.
Hopefully Fred catches his ass on fire
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Saw this on the drudge report. No book should be burned. NONE OF THEM.

He said he's going to burn one on 9/11 though.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Sure is a great time for dealers in religious texts.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
What happened to the time when 20 people would burn a religious book and nobody gave a fuck?

Burning of Quran

Nobody cared.

Still... Nobody cared.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Last edited by Zombee at Sep 9, 2010,
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by metalband84
Ignoring the WBC is the best way to stop them.

If by "ignoring" you mean ridiculing, belittling, confronting, antagonizing and never allowing them a moments peace I agree.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by leeb rocks
Sure is a great time for dealers in religious texts.

"They've got to buy them before they can burn them."
-George Harrison
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
WBC burning books, eh?

Sounds about right.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
"They've got to buy them before they can burn them."
-George Harrison

George was a brilliant man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by iantheman
I still think people should show up with hoses.

i think it would be awesome if whole firefighter teams showed up and hosed the place down. the city should do something like that.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
To be honest, only a riot could possibly succeed the burning of any Holy Book, therefore I think it best that Fred does go ahead with his plan.

I'll just be here...
I would bet money that he never intended to burn the books in the first place, and that this was all a publicity stunt.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
If this does go ahead expect a massive spike in terrorist recruitment worldwide. The sheer stupidity of some people is unbelievable.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Sep 9, 2010,
Quote by bogeaqyt
They are going to move the mosque and cultural center? : (

That's what that halfwit pastor/priest/whateverthe**** thought.

Reverend Terry Jones has cancelled the Quran Burning for 9/11 because the Park51 community center is going to be relocated. However, Soho Properties denied that the mosque will be moved.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by bogeaqyt
They are going to move the mosque and cultural center? : (

There never was a real mosque.

That's like saying if there's a room dedicated to Christian prayer it becomes a church.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Burning Qur'ans is, as General Petraeus said, going to put people's lives in danger, whether it be civilians in another 9/11 or soldiers in Afghanistan.

Doesn't matter who it is actually doing the burning. it doesn't matter.
Quote by BladeSlinger
There never was a real mosque.

That's like saying if there's a room dedicated to Christian prayer it becomes a church.

God is everywhere.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by SkepsisMetal
To be honest, only a riot could possibly succeed the burning of any Holy Book, therefore I think it best that Fred does go ahead with his plan.

I'll just be here...

Somehow I don't think that extremists would be too pleased at hearing their holy books have been burned. And seeing as most of them aren't in the US, rioting isn't exactly possible for them.
The real people at risk would be the US troops.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

This dude just threatened to burn a Quran to gain himself and his church some publicity.
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
We should just lock the congregation inside the Westboro Baptist Church when they're having mass and fire-bomb the building. Sure some bibles might get burned but I'm sure their bible is so-whack its more of a christian-extremist handbook.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by shiz.zle
This dude just threatened to burn a Quran to gain himself and his church some publicity.

And his mustache.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Luke200420
We should just lock the congregation inside the Westboro Baptist Church when they're having mass and fire-bomb the building. Sure some bibles might get burned but I'm sure their bible is so-whack its more of a christian-extremist handbook.

We must respond to the threat of religion not with weapons but with the divine Gift of Reason.
Quote by Luke200420

wat

Let's not and say we did. Actually, might a as well not do any of that.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Mechanixx
If this does go ahead expect a massive spike in terrorist recruitment worldwide. The sheer stupidity of some people is unbelievable.

The sad fact is that it doesn't even need to go ahead, the fact that it was considered and has garnered so much publicity means that the damage is done. Even if it never goes ahead it is already an effective propaganda tool for recruitment.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ah, WBC, your severe lack of any reason and/or intelligence never fails to make me laugh and become very scared at the same time.

>.>

<.<

Normally, when there's a group burning books, you usually turn your ass and run away. But WBC... Pretty much expected, really.

They're what happens what you group a bunch of lunatics in the same place.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
The sad fact is that it doesn't even need to go ahead, the fact that it was considered and has garnered so much publicity means that the damage is done. Even if it never goes ahead it is already an effective propaganda tool for recruitment.

Hmmm... Never thought about this. Crap. I don't wanna be blown up.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Sep 9, 2010,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
We must respond to the threat of religion not with weapons but with a fucking boot to the ass..

Now that's reasonable.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Complicated situation this whole relocation thing but I think destroying a people's dignity, by burning their holy book, is NOT the right approach to resolving this issue.
Hence, it is complicated.
Not that i was for this event, but i think its really embarassing to see them pussy out at the last minute. Stick to your convictions people, no matter how ridiculous they are
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
Not that i was for this event, but i think its really embarassing to see them pussy out at the last minute. Stick to your convictions people, no matter how ridiculous they are

Yes, embarrassing that they "pussied" out of something that would have very likely just caused more trouble for America.
Good, maybe I will stop hearing about it. There are no laws against burning books so why must we pretend like we can do anything to stop this guy?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Charlie4
Complicated situation this whole relocation thing but I think destroying a people's dignity, by burning their holy book, is NOT the right approach to resolving this issue.
Hence, it is complicated.

It's not complicated. Muslims should be able to build a mosque/community center/whatever you want to call it two blocks away from Ground Zero. And these idiots should be allowed to burn the Quran. Should they actually do it? Fuck no.

See, not that complicated.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I meant that the idiots who want to burn the Quran shouldn't do it.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Last edited by maninthebox24 at Sep 9, 2010,
Quote by Korosu
Yes, embarrassing that they "pussied" out of something that would have very likely just caused more trouble for America.

Its still something they believed in and they turned their back on it. Besides, whether this event were to go ahead or not America will still remain a target of extremists, i doubt that a bunch of wackos burning the Quran would encourage anymore hate for the west than already exists
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Page 1 of 4