Can someone tell me a common fingering for an altered dominant chord with a #5 and a #9 please? I've been experimenting with coming up with some fingerings, but none of them are really that playable.
How about if you take the Hendrix chord and barre the e and B strings with your pinky? (I would post a tab if i knew how xDD)
A7#5#9

E--8--
B--6--
G--6--
D--5--
A--x--
E--5--

Play the that low A note on the E string with your thumb.

Or forget the Root all together and think of it as a rootless Eb6/9 chord. ala...(this is a very common form when comping in a band)

E--8--
B--6--
G--6--
D--5--
A--x--
E--x--

That way the Eb (if it was there, and take liberties to play it) gives you both the #5 and the b5 against A. Or you could play just a straight Eb9 chord and it would be a b5, #5, and b9, like...

E--6--
B--6--
G--6--
D--5--
A--6--
E--x--

Now dig this, you can move that low note to the E string, 6th fret, and put the #9 back in place and get a A7#5b9#9

E--8--
B--6--
G--6--
D--5--
A--x--
E--6--

If you're able, you could go all Ted Greene on it and catch that Eb on the A string too and get an A7b5#5b9#9 chord...

E--8--
B--6--
G--6--
D--5--
A--6--
E--6--

Tune your ears into that baby with a steady A drone going and you'll be able to hear with cake in your ears!
Quote by adrianharris7
How about if you take the Hendrix chord and barre the e and B strings with your pinky? (I would post a tab if i knew how xDD)
This is probably what I'd do.

x76788 (E7#5#9)
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
If you're able, you could go all Ted Greene on it and catch that Eb on the A string too and get an A7b5#5b9#9 chord...

nice mike...yes that would have some of ted's flavor...

wolf