I've been searching high and low to find out this ONE song. I just heard the guitar riff one day, and for someone reason, it just stuck with me. Since I don't know the lyrics, it has slowed me down A LOT. I even tried the small Tap the Song with the Spacebar, but alas, no results. So the only way to solve this is to write down this riff, and for you guys to figure it out, since I have no idea. So here goes...

E|-------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------|
G|-2----2----2------2--2------2----|
D|-2----2----2------2--2--2--2----|
A|-0----0----0------0--0--3--0----|
E|-----3-----3-----3--3-------------|

Really messy work. The notes don't ring in the first half, and you obviously play the other half in a quick succession. I hope you guys can help me out.
Quote by StratoCatser
Generic Riff #1304385.

This.

First thing that came to mind was Rock And Roll. Your tab doesn't really help with the rhythm, could you post a recording of you playing it?
Ah, the famous A,G,C song by That Band.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Holy Katana
What style? Thrash?

It sounded quite recent in fact.

More of a generic crunchy-rock sound, and yes, it IS generic. But it's been haunting me to this day. It's probably some meh-band. (Shame on me if it's actually good.)

Edit: I made a GP5 of it. I'll try getting it up.
Last edited by Jesiff at Sep 9, 2010,
I think I know what riff you're talking about now, TS. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the song is, either.

EDIT: Maybe not. My riff is in alternating 3/4 and 5/4. Is yours?
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 9, 2010,
Well, at least we're making some form of progress. If you feel lucky, try hitting it up here: http://www.bored.com/songtapper/ I've tried oh so many times but nothing. Knowing the lyrics would be really damn helpful but I only know that riff and nothing else.
If I'm getting the rhythm right (I don't have Guitar Pro), then it sounds like "Wango Tango" by Ted Nugent to me.
Sadly no. You're getting the right idea though, it should be just a tad bit more slower. (Don't trust the rhythm too much in my OP, I put it in quickly.)

Quick Jedit:
In 4/4 it's A rest GA rest GA rest GAGACA. Notes played as 8th notes, rests as quarter rests.
Last edited by Jesiff at Sep 9, 2010,
Okay, now do mine; I think it's by Deep Purple and I don't know what key it's in.

e:--9---------------------------------------------------
B:--12b14---12--10p9-----9---10-10p9--------------------
G:--------------------11---------------11-11--11-9--11---

Then I believe it repeats starting at the F# above that.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Sep 9, 2010,
Okay, a song with G, A, and C chords, in 4/4 time... Just give me a moment this shouldn't take too long.