Finally I can synchronize the strumming to the melody in my singing. It's taken me 2+ years of practicing 1 hour/week. I am glad I stuck to it, because I felt so discouraged and thought I would never "get it". Now the real fun begins in that I can play/sing any song I like!
Great, now get to playing jon scaffer riffs and singing like Hansi and then we can form a band.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
You shooting for a James Hetfield style? I don't know if there are any "styles" out there but James Hetfield sure does look badass playing the fast/heavy songs and singing at the same time.
We know in our hearts that what gift we've been given, we show it through our passion of music, and there will be people there to enjoy it with us. - James Hetfield
now you have to learn to sing and play painkiller
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
yeah that's the killer.. playing a vocal melody with a slightly different rhythm to the guitar riff. when i was starting i found it easiest to really nail the riff first, so that i could play it without thinking about it.