So my guitar teacher has been teaching me some counter point basics, and I'm starting to progress to some decently difficult stuff.

The chord progression goes as follows:

|Bb7 Bdim7|Cmin7 C#dim7|Dmin7 G7+9|Cmin7 F7+9|Bb7 Bb7+9|Eb7 Edim7|Dmin7 G7|Cmin7 F7|

But I need this basic question answered

Is it enough to voice the 7+9s like this (I used G7+9 as an example)

|--------------------||
|--10----------------||
|---8----------------||
|--------------------||
|--10----------------||

I'm trying to economize my playing, and the concept of counter point revolves around using a walking bass pattern on top of the chords (The chords are on counts one and two and the bass is a standard quarter note walking bass)

For example

The first 4 measures of the bass part are (5th and 6th string)

-----------|-----------|-------9--------|-----7-------------------------
-6-6-7-7-|8-8-9-9|-10------10-7--|-8------8--5------------------

With the chords being played on beats one and two.

Anyways, would the voicing I gave for the 7+9 be sufficient enough for this song?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

If it sounds alright in the context of the song, sure. It has the 3, b7 and #9, so it's fine. You can usually leave out the root and fifth (as long as it's not altered.) That's generally a good rule of thumb, but always give your ears the final word.
The guy's a beast, but he uses 8s. So he's shit.
-juckfush on Alex Hutchings.
if you have a walking bass directing the counter point..i would use just essence notes of the chords...as veil said...using the 3 b7 & #9 gives the full flavor of the chord.. i would try to find the least finger movement from chord to chord using just the flavor tones ... your Cmi7 to F7#9 for example

Cmi7
B-8
G-8
D-8

F7#9
B-9
G-8
D-7

play well

wolf
In 7th chord, the 3 and b7 are actually a lot more important than the #5 or the 9. The voicing you gave wouldn't really get the point of the chord across. What you could do is simply not include the root since you'll be playing a bassline along with it. For a G7+9 I'd recommend
E|-11
B|-10
G|-10
D|-9
A|-
E|-