I know the drum track sucks.
I'm terrible with that kind of thing.
The main melody is something that came to me in a dream 2 years ago which I recorded until I found a way to write music.
Anyway, I wonder what kind of music this is genre-wise.
Also, any tips?
Attachments:
masterpiece.gp5
Reminds me of doom metal on some parts, but that might be Guitar Pro. Doom tends to be slower and more ambient like this, as well as having a sense of "doom" (doy), but a live record version would make it easier to tell what kind of specific timbre you're going for.

EDIT: This is what it reminded me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIMHdeT8lI
Last edited by WizMystery at Sep 9, 2010,
Quote by WizMystery
Reminds me of doom metal on some parts, but that might be Guitar Pro. Doom tends to be slower and more ambient like this, as well as having a sense of "doom" (doy), but a live record version would make it easier to tell what kind of specific timbre you're going for.

Thanks for that.
Any tips on improving it?
Quote by Intersensory
Thanks for that.
Any tips on improving it?

Well I kind of like how it is right now, but the drums need a more frequent use. The bars of 8/4 can really be replaced as there is no 8/4 feeling in them. I felt 3/4 and 5/4 in each of them due to the drum patterns, and you generally want to keep a low numerator when you have a slow tempo and "4" bars.

There's a lot of out of chord note choices, but if you'd rather keep the dissonance, ignore them because it gives it a unique feel. Bar 20 and its further reoccurances are one of those moments, can't spot any others. The bass there seems completely out of theme.
Last edited by WizMystery at Sep 9, 2010,