So I've been using audacity, and recently it has just been stopping randomly while I record. I have no idea why, and nothing is different then it was before. If you know what might be causing this then I welcome your ideas.

For those of you who don't, whats some good free(or cheap if I have to) recording software(other than Reaper please) that works with Ubuntu, or will work fine in Wine(a windows emulator type thing).
It could be a couple of things. Depending on where you are saving the recording, you may not have enough space on your hard drive. Or you may not have enough RAM depending on where you're saving the recording. Also, your sound card may not be powerful enough to handle recording.
how long are you leaving it recording for? some programs limit the amount of time you can spend recording so as not to overload the ram and such. also, it could be what Hyjek said and you might actually have already run out of ram and the program needs to stop to save it all to the hard drive.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
I've been recording for a minute and a half at the longest, but I've had up to seven tracks running. It started doing this with as little as two tracks though. I know I haven't run out of hard-drive space, but ram could be it. As far as the sound card goes I'm using a USB device( a Behringer UCA202) for both input and output so I would think the sound card wouldn't matter.
Seriously, this is bugging me, I recorded a full two minutes and its fine with everything, record another track it freezes. Then I tried with a ten second track and it the program froze before getting through the whole thing. Its getting frustrating.
Yesterday I downloaded one very good software. It is was very fantastic to use. But when I am play my recording then it is showing that it is running but there are so many noise in background. I visited its help menu but not get any help.
What's your deal against Reaper?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
For free or cheap - or even for a couple hundred dollars - there is nothing that can touch Reaper. Reaper is a program comparable to those that are in the $1000 range.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.