Movies you love as a kid but watch when you're older and realize the graphics suck

Page 1 of 2
Inspired by a tangent conversation (sort of) in another thread.

For me, Gremlins. I still love the movie, but now I laugh at how robotic they move, I never noticed it as a kid
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I like old movies with animatronics, and Tron was awesome for it's time!

I watched the first Matrix movie on blu-ray recently... bad idea. The graphics suck hard in hi-def.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
I've been watching all of the old episodes of the X Files. The first season was 1993, and the special effects are pretty terrible. In one episode, there is a swarm of bugs, and its pretty much just shapeless green pixels.
I like to think of the live action marios bro movie as a really ****ed up, meaningful, misunderstood movie

and I dont know why, but theres something about those robotic frame-by-frame effects of 80's horror that freaks the shit out of me. Not gremlins, but stuff like hellraiser and the thing
Gremlins is awesome. Hush yo mouth. Gremlins 2 is even better, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Mortal Kombat is pretty bad now, but back in the day I thought it was amazing.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Gremlins is awesome. Hush yo mouth. Gremlins 2 is even better, though.

Not denying the awesome The Snow White scene is one of my all time movie favorites

Sadly, I never have had the opportunity to watch Gremlins 2
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by hildesaw
I've been watching all of the old episodes of the X Files. The first season was 1993, and the special effects are pretty terrible. In one episode, there is a swarm of bugs, and its pretty much just shapeless green pixels.

Just what I thought when I saw it two weeks ago.
Mortal Kombat was on the other day, and watching a few of the scenes was like "Wow, HORRIBLY done". But still a fantastic movie..
The RHCP Californication video looked like the shit in '99. Not anymore
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
Quote by RU Experienced?
The Super Mario Brothers film.

I still love it though.

did you ever see the Super Mario Bros. Super Show?

Quote by hildesaw

That's just how awesome X-files is. Man, need to rewatch it.
They showed the original SW trilogy in hi-def on tv a few weeks ago. I was a little upset by how badly it made the transition, considering that even today they usually look fantastic.
Quote by hildesaw

Flukeman is still harsh, though. A lot of the effects were god awful in that show. Especially the one with the guy who could open his mouth wide and crawl into the air ducts.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Not denying the awesome The Snow White scene is one of my all time movie favorites

Sadly, I never have had the opportunity to watch Gremlins 2

Gremlins 2 is basically a parody of Gremlins 1. It's way funnier. It has the best scene in any movie ever: Hulk Hogan is in a movie theater and rages about the gremlins, and he crushes his popcorn and soda. I'll see if I can find that part on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XACDNcj50Zk
Quote by vintage x metal

Beast Wars! The animation on that was sooooo harsh
Where the hell did slide guitar go!?!
The original versions of the Star Wars original trilogy have ugly graphics, once you watch the remastered versions you can't go back
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by RU Experienced?
The Super Mario Brothers film.

I still love it though.

I watched that movie so many times as a kid.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I'd rather watch animatronics than CGI.

I'd rather watch a good plot with awesome actors than animatronics.

Anyway, for me it was Star Wars Episode III. Maybe it's less because they're bad graphics and more because technology's come a long way since, but General Grievous just really stood out to me as not actually there.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Star Wars. I mean they couldn't even get any decent costumes. Everyone can tell that Chewbacca is clearly a naked Hungarian.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by gizmodious
I like old movies with animatronics, and Tron was awesome for it's time!

I watched the first Matrix movie on blu-ray recently... bad idea. The graphics suck hard in hi-def.

WHAAAAAT

The Matrix trilogy on BluRay is fantastic...

I've mentioned this on UG like 8 times in the past few weeks.. CanyoutellIlikeit?
Likely, at 63, I'm a bit older than the average forum member.... When I was a kid, there was no such thing as "graphics". I never even heard that term until perhaps 20 years ago.

There were no real "special effects" either, at least not as we think of them today. More in the line of camera tricks, shot angles, and so forth.
Used to be fairly common in the "big bug" science fiction movies of the 50s to use forced perspective and similar tricks to make some tiny critter look huge.... Some of these were pretty well done, actually.
The stop-motion photography and miniature work done in a film like King Kong were pretty remarkable considering what was actually done.
More currently, I do notice that CGI effects don't translate to television all that well. Shots that looked jaw-droppingly good in the theater look almost painted-on on television.
(However, they look pretty good on our new HD Flatscreen)
Mortal kombat movies
Street fighter ( oh dear lord that thing is awful )
bloodsport (and stuff like that)
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Mortal Kombat was on the other day, and watching a few of the scenes was like "Wow, HORRIBLY done". But still a fantastic movie..

yeah i was watching it too on fx i love that movie!!
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
I was watching Dragonball and realized how outdated the animation is. Although I prefer that to the shitty computer animation of recent anime like Naruto.
Quote by Srgt. Pepper
Beast Wars! The animation on that was sooooo harsh

That had awful graphics anyway, awesome show though.
Terminator. Still love the movie, but when the skin comes off Arnie its really bad animation. T2 still holds up very well to this day
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by TEK34
That had awful graphics anyway, awesome show though.

I loved Beast Wars...speaking of shows with bad graphics I liked

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Big Bad Beetle Borgs
Animorphs
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by TheTones
Labyrinth , it just looks so crud

BLASPHEMY!!

Mortal Kombat.
I finally watched it again a few months ago. Can't believe that I thought that was good.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Page 1 of 2