How to deal with loud/fat heavy walking neighbor's legally? (long Post)

First off, we are planning to move soon, but our family is saving up to move, we are not rich to afford to move into a new place so soon. Here's the issue, upstairs lives a family of a fat mother, fat father, fat brother, their fat son, their fat daughter who lives with her fat husband and has a child. before the daughter got married they were very loud and are even more so now. According to state/city law past 9/10 pm the noise must stop, I understand parties, birthday's, etc they happen. Every night though past 2 AM they are still making noise, my parents go to work early, and I'm starting my college quarter again and will also leave the same time they do. They walk, as if they are stomping on the floor, the fat mom wears heals all ****'en day. We've talked to the landlord, and she does just about nothing. She phoned them a couple of times right inside of the apartment, they purposely life their living room table and slammed it on the floor. I'm going to city hall to find more info on apartment codes, should I resort to the cops? Our family hardly makes noise, we get up, eat, get dressed, watch the morning news and head off. We come home tired and hear the pounding we left home with, and turn the fan to the max just to sleep. I'm surprised the baby itself can sleep. I also figured out that 6 people are living in a 2 bedroom apartment, advice? Cops? I will surely haze his car and his apartment once we leave move.
EDIT: meant 2AM, Its almost 12AM here, and I'm typing this because I can't sleep. I'm trying to get myself really tired and get my eyes heavy.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Sep 10, 2010,
Talk to them about it, if (when) they don't stop, call the cops, then you can say you've talked to them and the owners of the building - basically the cops can't then say you should just complain to the landlord
2 PM? my god thats late

EDiT:
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Talk to them about it, if (when) they don't stop, call the cops, then you can say you've talked to them and the owners of the building - basically the cops can't then say you should just complain to the landlord

^This
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Sep 10, 2010,
You can always call the cops for noise violations. First time's a warning before 10, and twice in one day is an automatic fine, and if its past 10 its an automatic fine. (In a Death Metal band, had to look this stuff up.) Just call the cops every night it happens, and the cops will finally put their foot down on the Porkers up stairs.
Quote by mulefish
2 PM? my god thats late

you know what he meant.

TS, I suggest putting a bag of cockroaches under their door. see how they enjoy that.
Thin out your ceiling and wait till their collective masses plummet into your residency. Now you can press charges!
Happened to me in my last place too. Some bitch walking around in her high heels at 2am. Nothing you can do, I moved and from now on will only live on top floors. I make more noise than anyone though, with my amp etc, but I don't walk in hard shoes or move furniture around after 10. I play guitar at 2am, but not too loud.
I believe it's two people per bedroom. I'm surprised the land lords allow that.

Two is nothing, my neighbors are ALWAYS having a party. And so there's a lot of loud conversations in front of my door. The other day two guys just walked into my apartment. I was like.. What the hell are you doing? Later on there was a fight. The next day, there was another fight. So I called the police. Bastards. They'll be up til like.. six in the morning. Which is cool with me, cause I have parties that last pretty late, too. But not that many days in a row, and we don't annoy the shit out of my neighbors.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 10, 2010,
Call up the people from the biggest loser to make those fat sacks lose some weight and not be disgusting, useless wastes of life.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Leave a trail of food in front of their door, leading all the way downstairs, and then have a huge mousetrap ready to trap them. There, mousetrap, your problem is solved. You just have to come up with the right tactics, and food is their one weakness. Other than this you have a few more options: one, talk to them and explain your feelings, if this fails, leave threatening messages telling their fatasses to go on a diet or a child will die for every twinkie they eat, or you can just move out as soon as possible.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Phone the council, and keep a diary of the noise and at what time.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you know what he meant.

TS, I suggest putting a bag of cockroaches under their door. see how they enjoy that.

Because a stampede of fat people simultaneously screaming and trying to stamp on the cockroaches will really help to reduce noise for the guy living below them.
Guitar - The true Religion
Quote by AusMetal33
Because a stampede of fat people simultaneously screaming and trying to stamp on the cockroaches will really help to reduce noise for the guy living below them.

RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish

lol, I have at times at night been awoken by what I though were earthquakes. I would turn on the TV waiting to see if breaking news was going to take over about the quake. After 10 minutes I figured out it was them upstairs just being normal. It Seriously sounds like at times they get on the floor side ways and roll around.
LOL
Move. I'm simply saying this because you've brought their weight into it when it's probably not even a factor in the noise they make. The thinnest person will make noise walking on a thin surface. Maybe they have wooden floors? Ask them politely to put a rug down or something.
Quote by SiKh22
First off, we are planning to move soon, but our family is saving up to move, we are not rich to afford to move into a new place so soon. Here's the issue, upstairs lives a family of a fat mother, fat father, fat brother, their fat son, their fat daughter who lives with her fat husband and has a child. before the daughter got married they were very loud and are even more so now. According to state/city law past 9/10 pm the noise must stop, I understand parties, birthday's, etc they happen. Every night though past 2 AM they are still making noise, my parents go to work early, and I'm starting my college quarter again and will also leave the same time they do. They walk, as if they are stomping on the floor, the fat mom wears heals all ****'en day. We've talked to the landlord, and she does just about nothing. She phoned them a couple of times right inside of the apartment, they purposely life their living room table and slammed it on the floor. I'm going to city hall to find more info on apartment codes, should I resort to the cops? Our family hardly makes noise, we get up, eat, get dressed, watch the morning news and head off. We come home tired and hear the pounding we left home with, and turn the fan to the max just to sleep. I'm surprised the baby itself can sleep. I also figured out that 6 people are living in a 2 bedroom apartment, advice? Cops? I will surely haze his car and his apartment once we leave move.
EDIT: meant 2AM, Its almost 12AM here, and I'm typing this because I can't sleep. I'm trying to get myself really tired and get my eyes heavy.

Paragraphs, please use them.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Move. I'm simply saying this because you've brought their weight into it when it's probably not even a factor in the noise they make. The thinnest person will make noise walking on a thin surface. Maybe they have wooden floors? Ask them politely to put a rug down or something.

THUD THUD THUD!!

...goes the frail boy as he tiptoes across the room.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by Zaphikh
THUD THUD THUD!!

...goes the frail boy as he tiptoes across the room.

I don't know why, but I lol'd.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
My neighbour below is the other way around, he seems to get up at 7-8 AM and sometimes makes noise, like drilling into the wall. He's stopped now, though, I think he just moved in like me (semester started last week and these are uni flats).

On the other hand I can be nicer to him, I stay up pretty late but I try to limit my noise.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by SiKh22

Well if it's against the law, call the police. But before you do that, talk to them and tell them if they do carry on making noise late at night then you will call the police.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

what happened to the good ol' broom to the roof technique

if it's good enough for James Stewart, it's good enough for you.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
DUDE, just tie some cheeseburgers to the back of a truck and away they go
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
Quote by Bearded_Seth

Someone who weighs more will usually make more noise than someone who's not, this coming from someone who used to be big. TS also said he is moving but his family is saving up money first, so until then he needs a different solution.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by Bearded_Seth

It's a fact that a fat person walking around will make more noise than a thin person walking around.

edit: TS, offer them a few hundred donuts in return for them keeping quiet.
if they're just walking.. is there really anything the cops can do about it? i mean, if they were bowling or playing loud music that would be different. but just because they are fat and make more noise walking, i really dont know if much can be done. unless im misunderstanding...
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
man i hate fat people now
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by LRCGUITAR

/thread
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo