Page 1 of 2
Hello everyone,
I hope I am in the right place here. I am looking to get a tattoo (finally got money saved up) of a quote that Steve Vai had said about Van Halen but can't seem to remember the darn thing. I took the poster down when we moved and I can't recall what it said but I remember I wanted it tattooed when I got the money.

I do recall that it is featured in Guitar World's celebration issue of Van Halens 30th anniversary of their self titled. There is a picture of Van Halen posing as the soldiers of Iwo Jima and in the upper right corner there is a quote from Steve Vai.

Does anyone have that issue saved somewhere or know where I can find a scan of that page? I googled 'Steve Vai quotes' and 'Van Halen Guitar World scans' and every variation of those and didn't find anything anywhere. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this quote.

Thank you
Stephen 'Weapon X' Roy
Hey guys, I want to get this tattoo, something that's going to be on my body for the rest of my life.

Here's the kicker, I don't know what it is, but it's obviously really important to me, and worth tattooing on my body.

Cool, right?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
You wanna get something tattooed that you can't even remember?
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
do you remember a few words perhaps? it would help me find it for you
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
In Frank Zappa's autobiography he talks about Vai puting various objects into groupies.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Awesome thread. I don't know the quote but I could remember a few from Family Guy if that's an okay alternative?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
"I'm a better guitar player than him." - Steve Vai on Van Halen

EDIT: In all seriousness, why don't you just tattoo "Weapon X" on your forehead? It's smarter than getting a quote that you can't remember on your body for life.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Last edited by Kriegherz at Sep 10, 2010,
First of all, don't be jerks. It was a very inspirational quote about doing things your way and hoping to achieve something new. I remember the message I just don't recall the exact quote.

Second of all, how is my nickname any different than yours, whitenihilist? It's just a nickname. People like you are the scum of the earth because instead of spending time doing something with your life, you feel it necessary to hate on everybody else. I came here with a simple question. I don't need to take that crap from you so go bug someone else with your trolling, jackass.
Quote by Weaponxclaws
First of all, don't be jerks. It was a very inspirational quote about doing things your way and hoping to achieve something new. I remember the message I just don't recall the exact quote.

Second of all, how is my nickname any different than yours, whitenihilist? It's just a nickname. People like you are the scum of the earth because instead of spending time doing something with your life, you feel it necessary to hate on everybody else. I came here with a simple question. I don't need to take that crap from you so go bug someone else with your trolling, jackass.

Other people may have nicknames, but you don't see whitenihilist signing his posts "John "white nihilist" Doe" do you?

And finding the fact that you do sign your posts like that amusing in no way makes anyone the "scum of the earth".

Butthurt much?

You seem surprised that you come in making a thread saying "I want a tattoo, but I don't know what it is" and people laugh at you. If you can't see why people are laughing, then I really feel sorry for you.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Why in the world would you want a tattoo of a quote you cant even remember?

EDIT: and yes, I'm sorry, I too find the fact that you signed your post amusing.
Best thread ever.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by CoreysMonster
EDIT: and yes, I'm sorry, I too find the fact that you signed your post amusing.

You do realise that this makes you the scum of the earth, right?

Steve "Weapon X" Roy said so.

Stephen Roy? The guy has two first names!

/Talledega Nights
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Weaponxclaws

Second of all, how is my nickname any different than yours, whitenihilist? It's just a nickname. People like you are the scum of the earth because instead of spending time doing something with your life, you feel it necessary to hate on everybody else. I came here with a quite frankly silly and ridiculous question. I don't need to take that crap from you so go bug someone else with your trolling, jackass.

Fixed.

Simple common sense should dictate that you should at least know what the words are before you even begin to consider permanently writing them on your body. If you were just wondering what the quote was then fair enough but wanting to tattoo something that you can't remember, which might not even be that good, is pretty funny.

It amazes me how hastily and without thought people get tattoos these days, it's gonna be there for life!
I just want the exact words, that's all. Paraphrased, it's like "It is hard enough to do what everyone else is doing but if that doesn't cut it, do it your own way." Something along those lines. Please no more trolls, I am just looking for some help here, ok? If you can't help then stay away please.

Also, I never said it was a hasty thing. I have wanted this for 2 or 3 years but I moved and went away to college and it got lost. I had the little picture torn out of a magazine hanging up and it inspired me and I wanted that to be remembered always. It's definitely not hasty and it's definitely something I DO remember just not exactly. I remember the message and what it taught me, I am just looking for the exact words so I can quote it properly.
Last edited by Weaponxclaws at Sep 10, 2010,
I've gotta agree with the masses here, as a tattooed man myself I can't imagine getting a tattoo of a quote that I couldn't recite verbatim off the top of my head. In my sleep. It can be as inspirational as you want, but if you can't remember it easily then is it really significant enough to you that you'd get it inked?
Quote by Weaponxclaws
I just want the exact words, that's all. Paraphrased, it's like "It is hard enough to do what everyone else is doing but if that doesn't cut it, do it your own way." Something along those lines. Please no more trolls, I am just looking for some help here, ok? If you can't help then stay away please.

You came in hear with a ridiculous question, and then got butthurt when people found it entertaining. I'll be amazed if you get muich help now to be honest.

Looks like your stuck, "Weapon X".
Quote by GLP_Arclite

we're not trolls, we're asking you to think that if you can't even remember what exactly the quote was, is it really important enough to you to have permenantly on your body?
Maybe he is afraid of himself?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Just go to the tattoo artist and tell him to paraphrase your paraphrased quote. With any luck, he'll nail it.

Godspeed, "Weapon X".
He's a fellow Wolverine fan.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Thanks for some sensible comments now... Yes, I am a fellow Wolverine fan. My childhood friends and I (when we lived in Canada still) all grew up with Xmen so when we were like 6 we all gave ourselves nicknames. My buddy Jesse was Wolverine for the rest of his life. He was in the military and was killed in Iraq and his girlfriend sent me the dogtags. So as a tribute I got his ID number tattooed underneath Wolverine as a tribute to a fallen brother and now I have sort of taken on the Wolverine name. Plus he kicks ass :p

Anyway, can't find anything online about it so maybe if I search through enough pictures I can find it somewhere... :p
If u can't remember the quote don't get the tattoo. What if the quote is like 7 paragraphs long. That'll hurt like ****!!!

If u wanna tattoo just get the EVH logo or have Vai tattooed on your body. That's close enough.
Quote by Weaponxclaws

Also, I never said it was a hasty thing. I have wanted this for 2 or 3 years but I moved and went away to college and it got lost. I had the little picture torn out of a magazine hanging up and it inspired me and I wanted that to be remembered always. It's definitely not hasty and it's definitely something I DO remember just not exactly. I remember the message and what it taught me, I am just looking for the exact words so I can quote it properly

Stephen 'Weapon X' Roy.

Fixed.
Why don't you email someone from that guitar magazine. You figure they probably keep all that stuff on file somewhere, maybe someone will be nice enough to look it up for you.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by ibrahimasood
i like Steve Vai

Quote by GLP_Arclite

your a douche.

regards

tragorious
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Sorry, i don't know what the quote is, but as the other guys said, you should really think hard before getting a tattoo of a quote on yourself, i know someone who had one and after a few months he hated it. Someone already suggested that you find out what issue it was, and with most magazines, if you call them up they can send you a back issue for a fee.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Are you gonna be like Leonard Shelby from Memento and tattoo everything that you can't remember on you??
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Page 1 of 2