Poll: Floyd rose or edge III?
Poll Options
View poll results: Floyd rose or edge III?
Floyd rose
21 100%
Edge III
0 0%
Voters: 21.
Which is better meaning which one will last forever? On my next guitar I'm planning to get a guitar with either a Floyd rose or an edge III. So which one should I get???
Stay away from the edge III. On first appearance it may seem like a fun, easy to use trem, but after a while it wears out and becomes extremely unstable.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
Stay away from the edge III. On first appearance it may seem like a fun, easy to use trem, but after a while it wears out and becomes extremely unstable.

Yeah i've heard some bad things about the edge III. But I'd like to get an ibanez because it has the tuning keys all on one side, the optional middle single coil pick up, and the super thin and fast neck.
Quote by ginger ninja102
if you keep them clean and keep up maintainance they should both last forever

That won't keep the knife edges from wearing out. The Edge III is constructed from a softer metal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The Edge III is one of the worst tremolo systems in existence. Pretty much any Floyd will be better than the III, although an LFR isn't going to be much better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
My LFR lasted 2 years and I barely touched it. Really try to pick up an OFR if you seriously want one.
why are the choices LFR and edge III?

Shouldn't we be looking more into the OFR and Edge Pro, now those are both good trems
^I'm guessing he can't afford guitars with them, maybe. The Ibanez guitars with Edge Pros are pretty much all over $1000 IIRC and OFR-equipped guitars can be just as expensive.
Why is the poll so general/vague? On one option is an umbrella term that covers many different trems, and on the other option there is a specific Ibanez trem...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Edge III trems are one of the shittiest trems ever.
I absolutely hate the one on my ibanez.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
If you're looking in that price range, and want ibanez specs look at the S series. It has everything you want with a beefy mahogany body, HH or HSH, Wizard II neck and a very good quality trem, the ZR

Can't go wrong with any of those things
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Are u talking about an original floyd rose or an liscensed floyd rose? If it's an LFR, it might be slightly better than the Edge III but both will be pretty shit.

If u want a cheap guitar with a good trem, check out the Ibanez s570. It has the ZR trem which is one of the best trems ever. Ibanez uses it on both their Non-prestige and Prestige guitars.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I've had a couple guitars with LFRs...and they both outlasted any of the Edge III equipped guitars I've owned. The good news is, OFR was a direct replacement on all of them Actually getting ready to do another Edge III -> OFR swap on a friend's RG next week.
I'd say neither personally. I have having my pick hand anywhere near a Floyd Rose. They are ugly and obtuse, just get them away. Now. Thnx. You may really like the OFR though, its a solid trem. Edge III are lame, my buddies never stayed in tune and he just ended up blocking it off. I really like how a Kahler feels under my hand, even if a little different to use, and those lo-pro trems are the sh!t yo.

Go out there and try some out, and hey abuse the crap out of them too, you want this thing to stay in tune. Everyone is different, what works for us may not for you, and you us.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
They're not exactly in the same price and quality range, you know. A Floyd Rose tremolo on its own costs almost as much as an Edge III equipped guitar. However, I would avoid cheap floating bridges, Edge III included. So either a guitar with a Floyd Rose (the original, not those "licensed" pieces of shit), or a fixed bridge.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.