Hey UG
I was just wondering about setting action on guitars. Now see I like setting my action low to high to basically have the low strings free of fret buzz and good for chugging and the high strings with low action in order to be able to shred freely. Now one of the problems with doing that with a floyd rose is that when I raise the whammy bar the whole guitar stays sharp. I have remedied it by finding a reasonable height. Now me and a friend both purchased 7 strings (Ibanez S7420 for me and LTD MH-417 for my friend) Now I've sorted out the action on mine long time ago (love the ZR trem), but my friends MH has veeery heavy fret buzz and I was wondering if it would make a difference if I used that method of putting the low strings high up and the higher strings nice and low. Would it make any damage to a string thru TOM style bridge?

Cheers
Hm. I don't think so. I used to do that. But then again I never could get the action the way I wanted it, lol
check your neck's relief.

sometimes a little relief gives you the room you need to chug, without killing your action.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
check your neck's relief.

sometimes a little relief gives you the room you need to chug, without killing your action.

I'll try that out, but apart from some brutal buzzing on the E and low B the guitar was set up pretty well actually, its got that sweet amount of relief thats just a tiny bit but not a lot. Right now we set up the bridge the way I wrote, because technically I can't imagine it damaging a standard string thru style.
you can tilt a TOM a little, but it sounds like thicker strings might help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011