Hey guys. So, I'm selling a couple powered speakers and a mixer on Kijiji and I've had one guy email me so far. He asked some questions and I answered them, then I got this response. Does it look legit to you guys?

Thank you for the swift response about the Ad, Since the item is in
perfect condition with Due Respect i will be more than happy if you
could simply email me this requested information Below so that i could
be able to arrange payment via certified check or Canadian M O for the
sale and send it down in the mail which will get to you in the next few
Days,
Your Full Name

Address

City

Province

Postal Code

Phone Number

Item Price,

Oncei have all this today payment in it way to your Door Step, And
concerning the home pick up i will discuss that will a mini Freight
Agent
that will pick it up for my ay your Destination.
Best Regards

I underlined the stuff I found suspicious. Why send me a cheque in the mail and have a freight service pick it up? It fits easily in the back seat of a car...plus the whole email looks like it was written by a Nigerian prince if you know what I mean...
You will bow at my feet or I'll rip out your knees

and make of your face all the carnage you crave
get the check first, and check the check to see if the check will bounce, then check with him to see if he checked to see if his checking account checked with the balance in his check register, then check with us later to see if we think the whole check thing is cheeky.

im serious.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Mate I don't know what you're on about, once he has all his today payment in it way to your doorstep he'll happily send a mini freight agent to pick it up from from ay your Destination. Perfectly legit.
Quote by footsteps7173
get the check first, and check the check to see if the check will bounce, then check with him to see if he checked to see if his checking account checked with the balance in his check register, then check with us later to see if we think the whole check thing is cheeky.

im serious.

If he's willing to send the cheque to your workplace (or one of your parents', if that's the case), and have the amp picked up from there, then it should be fine. If he only wants your home address (since you can't steal identity from a business), then it's crap.
Quote by jean_genie
If he's willing to send the cheque to your workplace (or one of your parents', if that's the case), and have the amp picked up from there, then it should be fine. If he only wants your home address (since you can't steal identity from a business), then it's crap.

The whole point of this scam is to use a payment method with multiple checkpoints. The cheque will clear point 1 and the money will go into the sellers account and the item will be sent. A week or 2 later the money will be drawn from the sellers account because the cheque will be found to be fraudulent. It's not to steal your identity, it's to steal from you plain and simple.
Quote by JackalUK
Avoid that like the plague.

This.
And report him to the intronet police.
gonna have agree with Footsteps, check everything XD check it 80 times
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by lefthandedkid
gonna have agree with Footsteps, check everything XD check it 80 times

check his check, his checkbook, his check register, even check the checking of the checking agent he hired to check the check that hasnt even left his checkbook inthe checkbook holder in the checking account's bank name.

create a checklist to check off all the stuff you have to check before you accept the check from his checkbook checked by that cheating check checker at the bank.

O_O
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Not legit in any way. Ignore.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
actually reading over a few times, yeah, it's fishy, I'd say either A) run like the wind away from it, B) go ahead at your own risk or C) Do what Footstep recommends, go ahead check his checks with your check list of checks
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Ok guys, awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

But I wanted to sell it so bad
You will bow at my feet or I'll rip out your knees

and make of your face all the carnage you crave
ask to organise the courior yourself and have the courior collect cash on delivery (i think thats possible) that way he cant rip you off. if he dosent go with it hes fraud
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
I say email him back saying, "GTFO, nigga!" If he doesn't get it, do a facepalm and say, "I refuse to sell to scammers."

Edit: I can actually type "nigga"? UG doesn't censor it...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 10, 2010,