Okay, for those who don't know, Spotify is free and legal music streaming software. You can either pay a set allowance a month and get unlimited music in High Quality or be cheap and get on it for free and suffer with the occaisional advert.

Now i believe if you want it now you only get 20 hours a week free. but still, if you can get invites you can get some unlimited free ones (with ad's and the like)

However my favorite feature is the ability to share playlists, a great way to find new music and the like. Basically post in this thread with the http link and the uri link and i'll edit it in.

Heres mine anyway..

Me: spotify:user:joecastle

Kensai: spotify:user:kjelldg

Anywho you should be able to get it off of www.spotify.com
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Sep 10, 2010,
This isnt actually a bad idea. Dont you have to be invited to a free trial by a premium user though? I know I had to be.

zEDIT: I re-read and just missed it. I have the unlimited one where I have ads. Ive found a way around that though. Just change the song before the end, even a second, and you should miss the ads.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
We have two-three shared playlists on UG. Let me know if you want to be invited to the spotify group.

What's everyone's usernames? Mine's Kjelldg. If you type spotify:user:kjelldg you should find me.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sure i'll take the invite.

I'll add you Kensai.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I never realised before but my username is exactly the same as my UG name. Zolom Just plain and simple.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Grooveshark is free, has no "obligatory" ads, has a huge selection of good quality music and you don't need to register or be invited. What makes spotify better? Everyone seems to prefer it. I've never used it, so I wouldn't know.
I prefer Grooveshark, browser based so no need to download, entirely free, no need for invites, no interrupting adverts, no time limits, can skip through songs as much as you like, can register to save playlists and such, better in many, if not all ways in my opinion.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/
Last edited by mishax92 at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by cliff_em_all
Sure i'll take the invite.

I'll add you Kensai.

Alright, invited.

Quote by mishax92
I prefer Grooveshark, browser based so no need to download, entirely free, no need for invites, no interrupting adverts, better in many ways in my opinion.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/

Browser based alone is enough to turn me off. Am not too crazy about the sound quality either. With spotify you can integrate it with your mp3 collection, doesnt seem to be possible with grooveshark.

Spotify has ads unless you pay for it, I think I can shell out $8/month for even better sound quality, no ads and ability to download the playlist to the computer (but you cant pick out songs, its encrypted and such). If you're a high school student I can understand if you dont want to pay, though.
Last edited by Kensai at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by sashki
Why is brower based-ness a bad thing?

It's eating both RAM and cpu if you have to use your browser. Spotify for me takes up 30 mb, and firefox just running grooveshark about 150 mb for example.

Plus I can't use my keyboard's media buttons (play/pause, next etc) with grooveshark.
Quote by Kensai
It's eating both RAM and cpu if you have to use your browser. Spotify for me takes up 30 mb, and firefox just running grooveshark about 150 mb for example.

Plus I can't use my keyboard's media buttons (play/pause, next etc) with grooveshark.

this + 10000000
Quote by Kensai

Then pay $3 a month and use the Grooveshark client and get access to all the other VIP features too. Then you can save your precious RAM (150mb still is barely anything; even on most netbooks you have at least 1gb DDR2 or DDR3), integrate with your mp3 collection, have the highest 320kbps quality, use the media buttons on your keyboard, etc.
Last edited by mishax92 at Sep 10, 2010,