Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

I was just playing guitar and my high e snapped whilst doing a bend. No biggie, it just snapped close to the saddle, but it got me thinking, how volatile are these strings?

Whats the most violent string breakage you've ever had?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
An acquaintance of mine got a scar in his face from one of his strings.
DeVillains!
I was shirtless and got slapped really hard by an acoustic B string on my side. It was back in my early days and I broke the string by tuning it really frickin high.
I almost lost a finger once, My string broke (High E) and it was stuck in the saddle. I was going to clip the string then try to remove it.

So I wrapped the string around my finger once and leaned over to get my wirecutter, my guitar fell (only from my chair height to the floor) luckily I only got a small cut.

I always wondered if I was standing/if it fell from higher up would it have completely cynched up and took my index finger off?? It was an alder body good ammount of weight behind it??

- Aaron
Quote by Jackson kv
I almost lost a finger once, My string broke (High E) and it was stuck in the saddle. I was going to clip the string then try to remove it.

So I wrapped the string around my finger once and leaned over to get my wirecutter, my guitar fell (only from my chair height to the floor) luckily I only got a small cut.

I always wondered if I was standing/if it fell from higher up would it have completely cynched up and took my index finger off?? It was an alder body good ammount of weight behind it??

- Aaron

I cringed.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
i know a guy who broke a G string fingering A minor. rumors spread over the whole of teh interzwebz.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
I once had a string break and it cut my whole palm open. Another time I got a string in the eye. And these happened on the high e and b string. I'm scared that if I break the low E it'd be like a nuke
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
lol i was bending my high e string when it just broke and the wire swung so hard it slapped me in the face, and it gave me a small cut.
Quote by footsteps7173
i know a guy who broke a G string fingering A minor. rumors spread over the whole of teh interzwebz.

i was playing my bass in my 'jamas and the E string snapped and hit me in the groin. a size 125 is not a light string at all
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by metal_al73
When I snapped my e string it triggered World War 2

Brütal...

^ ^
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
i was playing my bass in my 'jamas and the E string snapped and hit me in the groin. a size 125 is not a light string at all

I think it's worse you didn't catch it on camera.

It could've been popular, and you'd be forever known as that guy who got hit in the nads with a bass string.

I don't have strings break, I replace them to often, and am usually in drop A.
Quote by stratkat
I think it's worse you didn't catch it on camera.

It could've been popular, and you'd be forever known as that guy who got hit in the nads with a bass string.

and be the laughing stock of youtube? i don't think so!
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by StratoCatser
I cringed.

I should probably mention im retarded, that wasnt the first time this happened.

When I had my first shitty strat knock-off Almost the same thing happened.
I AGAIN wrapped a broken string (B String this time) around my index finger
and the guitar slid off my lap,

the SMART thing to do would be to let the string go and let the $80-100 guitar drop

BUT Im retarded and I kept my grip on the string, and to top it off I tried to grab the string as it was dropping with my right hand

Again ANOTHER cut in the SAME spot (in the crease where your finger bends)

guitar still dropped, but I learned my lesson
twice was enough , Now I dont even stretch guitar strings with out wrapping a paper towel around them

- Aaron
Quote by footsteps7173

+1. The funniest thing I've read all week.
i cut my arm with an acoustic low E but thats about it
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Last edited by Eggmond at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by irollemphat
+1. The funniest thing I've read all week.

What? You seriously haven't heard that joke before? It's like the oldest guitar joke that was ever made.
one of my mates snapped a high tension bass string and it got embedded in his arm
I was really getting into a groove when I was playing my bass, then all of a sudden- BAM!- The E string snapped up and hit me in the temple then scratched my face. It was the coolest noise ever though.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I got the high E stuck in my finger once....

....Okay, I did that putting the string on, not breaking it. It still hurt though.
Once my mate was tuning his bass, and he was doing it a bit absent mindedly, he thought he was tuning the A string but he was actually tuning the low E. Anyway, it snapped and punctured a hole in the dry wall about the size of my fist.
Quote by robhc
I got the high E stuck in my finger once....

....Okay, I did that putting the string on, not breaking it. It still hurt though.

I know what you mean! Then after it feels like you've got a splinter of metal stuck in there for a few days. Not fun!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
High E broke and stabbed my finger. Not something shabby, didn't actually hurt. But since that day I wear glasses when changing my strings.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I was slapping my bass once and I went to pull the low E for a pop sound and it snapped and went through my sunglasses, like, completley cracked the lens. I put my bass away and chilled for awhile.
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
I was restringing with my guitar upright on my leg, across my body, and the high E went, whipped up and pinged me on the inside of my nostril. I've NEVER had anything make my eyes water so much.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
While playing once the high E snapped at the bridge and went about an inch deep into my hand. Actually....that's happened several times.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I've never been attacked by a broken string *touch wood*, but I have swallowed bits of string - When I cut the string using my wire cutters, the bits of string fly off and a few have landed in my throat, it's not pleasant.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Heard about a guy whos string got stuck under his nail and ripped it right off...

I've only ever broken a string once, I change them quite frequently.
Haven't suffered any breakage-related injuries, but one time I slid up the high E string and sliced my finger open about half way up. Hurt like a bitch, but there's nothing more metal than having a blood stain running up the length of your guitar's neck.
I will fuc
I've never had a string break and hurt me, but I did once blow myself across our practice room by pushing a fuse in with my bare fingers while the amp was turned on. 250 volts of ampey goodness, feels good man.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
i've only broken like 3 strings in about 7 years of playing and they've all been breaks without a violent whip or anything like that.

worst string injury i've had was like the second time i'd ever restrung a guitar and stabbed myself with the high e, went right into my finger
I got a small cut on the back of my hand when my high E snapped the other day.

But I know a guy that had a low E snap on his bass, and gave him a dirty huge scar the length of his forearm.
Only you can read this....
Page 1 of 2