Hey there, i currently own a Epiphone LP Studio Goth and a Ibanez RG350EX(with whammy bar) and am looking to upgrade(probably going to sell both. I mainly play metal music so i want something that will suit it. Im probably not going for a guitar with a tremolo system as the current one on my Ibanez shits me(takes much longer to change tunings, putting on thicker gauge strings is hard to set up etc). I also play with the action pretty high(hate fret buzz) so something with jumbo frets would be needed. In terms of budget, well i don't really have a budget, im willing to spend probably $3000 US on this guitar if it will suit my needs. I plan to start a band pretty soon too. Please give me some recommendations, prices etc
Go to your closest guitar shop and try out guitars all day until you find one that fits you as near perfect as possible and depending on what you find that you like it might be worth keeping some money aside to upgrade the pickups, strings etc
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
3000$ ? you can pretty much buy anything you want with such money... why don't you give a try to anything that floats your boat ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Quote by Doogy-Style
3000$ ? you can pretty much buy anything you want with such money... why don't you give a try to anything that floats your boat ?

I want some suggestions though, as i'l be buying it from overseas(the US), i live in Australia where the guitar selection is pretty limited AND over-priced. Just need some help being pointed in the right direction. Was thinking about a Dave Mustaine sig Dean but im sure theres better guitars than that. i want a guitar with easy access to the 20-24 frets too(unlike my Epiphone Les Paul).
Whenever I have been given suggestions I have went and tried out the guitar to see if it fits me but more often then not I have found something else that i prefer at the same time, I guess this will be a problem for most people but I don't know.

Tbh though I think you should still go and see what guitars are available around your area and then find the one that fits you best, then buy it from the USA if its cheaper lol
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
check out a prs custom 24 broski.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
you are pretty high if you plan on upgrading those two trash guitars with 3K..
if you liked the rg350ex and the way it felt.

then go for a RG Prestige .
they're amazing, trust me.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I