Hey there, ive had an Ibanez RG350EX for about a year now but i don't like playing it as it doesn't sound as strong/chunky/beefy as my Epiphone LP Goth(plugged into the same system. It could be the pickups are different and i need to adjust the EQ/bass/treble/etc?? Im not too sure but it does sound much weaker in comparison, especially for distorted rhythm work. Anyone know why this is?

Also everytime i use the whammy bar, it goes out of tune QUICK for a little while, then it goes back in tune, surely this isn't how the whammy is supposed to work but im not sure what to do to fix it... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Thought from your last post you were planning on replacing your current guitars anyway?

Otherwise it could be your pickups, your amp settings, your playing technique etc, the list goes as many many things affect the sound you get
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
Ibanez RGs are lighter and treblier than LPs, which have a fuller sound with more midrange. At least, typically. The stock INF pickups on that Ibanez model are quite shit.

Also, that guitar comes equipped with the Edge III tremolo, which is made from cheap materials and very much prone to causing tuning instability. The options are limited here, a lot of people block it and turn it into a fixed bridge.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by freighttrain
Thought from your last post you were planning on replacing your current guitars anyway?

Otherwise it could be your pickups, your amp settings, your playing technique etc, the list goes as many many things affect the sound you get

Yeh i do plan on replacing both guitars, but i want to be sure as to what is causing the thin sound so i can avoid it in my next purchase Even with .010-.052 strings it didn't sound all that great...
Quote by vigenharutyunya
may be the pups arent set up well?? i mean height

I'l raise them and see if there is an audible difference. If it is just the design of the guitar then Ibanez should be ashamed of themselves...
Quote by Megadeth09
Yeh i do plan on replacing both guitars, but i want to be sure as to what is causing the thin sound so i can avoid it in my next purchase Even with .010-.052 strings it didn't sound all that great...

Could be your pickups and/or current guitar setup try changing the hight of your pickups and action to see if that helps
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance