Hey! I am planning to buy an Electric guitar. My budget is 500$ and i can increase it by 100$ for a good buy. This budget doesn't include amp. I will mainly play Rock and Metal. I am looking for that Slash or LP sound. Since I am from India, I am only looking for brands like:

Ibanez
PRS
Gibson
Epiphone
Fender
Squire
ESP
BC Rich
Cort

So if you could suggest some good guitars....

Thanks
That doesn't really tell us much. Do u want hum buckers or single coils. Fixed bridge or a tremolo floating bridge. Three way selector switch or five way switch.

How many pickups, 1, 2, or 3?
I'd say get an Ibanez Rg2ex1. They're about $300.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783
You can probably add some Seymour Duncan Blackouts to it with the extra 200.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Blackouts-AHB1-Humbucker-Set?sku=301007

Hope this helps.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Sep 10, 2010,
Eh.. I would prefer Humbuckers. Bridge, switch and pickups nothing specific. Atleast 2 pickups...
^ I was planning to get one. But it might be difficult for me to get one in India. So i am looking for other alternatives.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
I'd say get an Ibanez Rg2ex1. They're about $300.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783
You can probably add some Seymour Duncan Blackouts to it with the extra 200.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Blackouts-AHB1-Humbucker-Set?sku=301007

Hope this helps.

I was thinking if i could just get a guitar and not get involved in changing pickups and stuff because first, it is difficult to get pickups separately in India. And then it is even more difficult to get a person who can change them without damaging the guitar.
Quote by parthbhushan
^ I was planning to get one. But it might be difficult for me to get one in India. So i am looking for other alternatives.

i know someone from another forum who is located in india, he's got a gibson les paul studio, i think he imported it from the usa, maybe you should look at that
Quote by britishsligean
i know someone from another forum who is located in india, he's got a gibson les paul studio, i think he imported it from the usa, maybe you should look at that

Oh cool. Can you tell me more about him?
Quote by Afroboy267
+1

The Les Paul Standard Kicks ass

Are you sure??

Does it have that real LP sound?? How is the quality of the materials used??
Quote by britishsligean

that would probably be extremely expensive, as shipping costs and such to india would probably be high straight from the us. prices are already inflated in europe/asia for us guitar brands. I'd say for rock and metal i'd look at the prs se series or the ibanez rg321 as someone already stated. Both pretty good value for money, but very different feels. if possible you should try out an ibanez neck before you buy one, if that is possible for you
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I'd suggest looking into the PRS les paul copy guitars, they have quite a few under 600 bucks if i'm not mistaken, and they play great for rock and metal.
just one question how does being from india effect your brand preference or is it strictly about availability also they have alot of fakes there so watch out and if your looking for a lp tone naturally i'd say go for a lp
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
epiphone limited edition les paul custom silverburst.
they are a little bit lower/darker in pitch then regular lp customs.
they have that nice fat heavy sound to them.
i play an instrument. nuff sed.
Quote by gucio93
that would probably be extremely expensive, as shipping costs and such to india would probably be high straight from the us. prices are already inflated in europe/asia for us guitar brands. I'd say for rock and metal i'd look at the prs se series or the ibanez rg321 as someone already stated. Both pretty good value for money, but very different feels. if possible you should try out an ibanez neck before you buy one, if that is possible for you

Hmmm.... Thanks for the suggestion. I can easily try out Ibanez because most of the shops are filled with them.
Quote by gutted_radical
just one question how does being from india effect your brand preference or is it strictly about availability also they have alot of fakes there so watch out and if your looking for a lp tone naturally i'd say go for a lp

It is about availability. . Is Epiphone Les Paul Standard good enough?? Or should i go for any other guitar?
Quote by parthbhushan
It is about availability. . Is Epiphone Les Paul Standard good enough?? Or should i go for any other guitar?

well the epiphone les paul standard is by no means bad but thier build quality is hit or miss also i would suggest asking a loved one traveeling from the usa to carry one for you
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
What are you doing about an amp? I know you said that this budget for the guitar only, but I just want to say, that that "Slash/LP" tone you hear in your head most likely has a lot more to do with a Marshall JCM or a Plexi than just having a Les Paul.

So keep that in mind - Your amp has much, much more to do with your tone than your guitar. A Les Paul type guitar will definitely take you where you want to go, but do not skimp on an amp. The LP will point you in the right direction, but the amp is like the gas that you need to actually get there.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by gutted_radical
well the epiphone les paul standard is by no means bad but thier build quality is hit or miss also i would suggest asking a loved one traveeling from the usa to carry one for you

Hmmm... The problem is, there is no one in my family who is in US or is travelling there. But i am going to Hong Kong next month, so i might get one from there.
Quote by Offworld92
What are you doing about an amp? I know you said that this budget for the guitar only, but I just want to say, that that "Slash/LP" tone you hear in your head most likely has a lot more to do with a Marshall JCM or a Plexi than just having a Les Paul.

So keep that in mind - Your amp has much, much more to do with your tone than your guitar. A Les Paul type guitar will definitely take you where you want to go, but do not skimp on an amp. The LP will point you in the right direction, but the amp is like the gas that you need to actually get there.

Hey, thanks for that info. Currently i'm using Marshal MG 10CD. I know its not great. But then my parents have only allowed me get an electric guitar as they dont understand all these small things matter. But i will be getting a better amp soon.