Yo,

I've been going at sweeping for a while now, and going down my fingering is good. The only problem is that I know that all the strings have got to be muted when you play the arpeggio but I have no idea how. I know that there's articles and the like floating aroung UG but all the guides I've been looking at just confuse me. So, How is it done?
Just mute it with your picking hand, with the side of your hand, or whatever feels most comfortable. I can't really imagine doing it on the way up (from 1st to 6th string), so you're gonna have to play that part clean haha. Muting on the way down (6 --> 1 string) is easy though.
Quote by Da.Squid
Yo,

I've been going at sweeping for a while now, and going down my fingering is good. The only problem is that I know that all the strings have got to be muted when you play the arpeggio but I have no idea how. I know that there's articles and the like floating aroung UG but all the guides I've been looking at just confuse me. So, How is it done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEnzboW0Hc

Watch this.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.