One of these cabs popped up on CL for $275. I know it has some 70 watt V30s which are supposedly modded for the amp it came with. Just wondering if anyone had input on this cab and if it would sound better than my 1960 with my Rectum Frier.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Sep 10, 2010,
Not a great amp, certainly no comparison to a recto but if that's including the cab the price looks very very good. I believe the mode 4 cabs are supposed to be excellent too, though I can't say from experience.
... Just for the cab right?

It's a good cab, those 70W Vintage 30s are pretty sweet. I think that's a decent price too, I'd personally go for it.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
that's a good deal on the cab, if anything else comes with it bonus.

i've played that model cab, it's quite good.

edit: also, just for the record. the marshall logo on a mf cab is brushed aluminum. it has more mojo than any white platic logo ever created.

there, glad i got that off my chest.

/rant
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 10, 2010,
Great deal. Jump on it.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Sweet. Gonna get it tonight, use it for the rectifier and let the other guitar player in the band use the 1960. Love my cab, but my Recto is dying for some V30s lovin. Thanks!
Picked up the cab. Very nice. Better handles than the 1960, nice casters, silver logo. Very heavy, about the size of the tall Mesa cabs. Looking forward to cranking it next week at practice but it sounds great so far.
Mode Four cabs are arguably the best cabs Marshall makes, lots of pros use them because they've got a better bass response than the 1960A/B cabs. Good find.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2