This is a poem for once. I thought of it while I was walking back from a little hipster coffee shop, eating a breakfast burrito. It's my snooty, faux-hipster poem, haha. Enjoy it.

---------

In a little Orange County nook, where inadequacy is sin number 8, and everyone's wading in an expanse of pills and divorce papers,

There were gutless fighters with knuckles much harder than their resolve,

Alleywalking girls that slink by the portables,

Social war heroes, decorated with fine fabrics and aggressive diseases,

Wallflowers and dust bunnies with awkward extremities and vein fillets, hoping to die before it gets cool,

And those kids who gave up on the game and walked away forever; they're only a few numbers and pencil snapping all-nighters from brunch with God.

Yeah, kid, things were just easier then.
haha pretty awesome man, I enjoyed it. I don't see much that to my eyes should be improved, maybe word on the wording to help it flow some, specifically the 'expanse of pills and divorce papers' bit, it didn't flow like the rest did for me.

Also I think i saw you post something here yesterday, I'm pretty sure there's a limit on that but I may be wrong seeing as I'm no regular. Read over the rules thread to be sure.
Quote by sglover34479
haha pretty awesome man, I enjoyed it. I don't see much that to my eyes should be improved, maybe word on the wording to help it flow some, specifically the 'expanse of pills and divorce papers' bit, it didn't flow like the rest did for me.

Also I think i saw you post something here yesterday, I'm pretty sure there's a limit on that but I may be wrong seeing as I'm no regular. Read over the rules thread to be sure.

Heh, cool, thanks man. It's funny, I like the piece more now than when I wrote it. Now, it sounds like someone else did.

I'm pretty sure it's once per day, and no more than two every six days. Something like that. I'll take a peek to make sure.