Hey, i just had a quick question about using live backing tracks in a full band setting.

My band recorded a few songs with a producer, and had him do some keys parts, and electronics/samples that we want to use in our live set.

I was planning to use my Ipod for this, and I was told that to do that, i just need an audio file with the actual backing track panned all the way left, and a click track panned all the way right, for the drummer.

Is that correct?
not quite sure what you mean but it sound to be that you would have to be perfect in timing/sync or whatever with it... REALLY hard...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
not quite sure what you mean but it sound to be that you would have to be perfect in timing/sync or whatever with it... REALLY hard...

i think the click track is for the drummer to listen to so that he stays on beat perfectly with the recorded track... so that wouldnt be a problem.

although if the drummer cant hear it i can see a catastrophic failure headed your way.

id get a keyboardist...
Quote by rickyj
i think the click track is for the drummer to listen to so that he stays on beat perfectly with the recorded track... so that wouldnt be a problem.

although if the drummer cant hear it i can see a catastrophic failure headed your way.

id get a keyboardist...

We've been through like 3. haha. Plus, this helps me keep creative control, since i write all the instrumentals (minus drums)

And I've seen this done before, and it looks like it works decently enough.
You have a plan. Don't take anyones word for it. Experiment at rehearsals what works for your band.