Hello, I'm moving out to a dorm in a week and my Bandit 112 is both too large and too loud to use politely in there, especially since I'm sharing the dorm room.

So I was thinking of buying a small amp, namely a Peavey Vypyr. I'm stuck on whether to get the 15w or 30w model though. They'd both be small enough, but I think that getting a 12" speaker instead of an 8" one would be better. 30w also has quite a few more features, do you think it's worth it to shell out another $100 for the 30w?

Thanks
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
30W definitely. The extra features are soooo fun and the reliability in the 30W is the best out of the entire range. I know this from experience, unfortunately - I've owned 4 of the 75W amps now :/
RECTUM.

Quote by papershredder
Believe it or not, DT can be overlistened to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DA4iggDD8

Quote by SmarterChild

Quote by tancanada
I know a girl who regularly orgasms in her sleep.

Ah, Rohypnol.
You should get a used 30W for $150 or less. The 30 is a far better amp than the 15.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
get the 30, it comes with more features, and you should get through any jams you may have with it fine
I have the 30 watt, and I like it MUCH better than the 15 watt version
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

The 30 only has a 10" speaker if I'm not mistaken. Still, a lot better than the 15. 8" speakers don't really cut it imo, even the better ones.
I think that settles it

The 30w does have a 12" speaker, I wasn't having high hopes for an 8", plus more effects would be better.

EDIT: Cheapest I can find is a used one for $187, at that rate it's worth it to just pay $12 more.
Quote by lolmnt
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by TheQuailman
The 30 only has a 10" speaker if I'm not mistaken. Still, a lot better than the 15. 8" speakers don't really cut it imo, even the better ones.

It's a 12".

OP, if you could get the Vypyr Tube instead, I'd go for that, you can find them for less than $300 used and it will sound way better than the 30 or 15, plus they have headphone jacks.

In fact it'd probably replace your Bandit.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It's a 12".

OP, if you could get the Vypyr Tube instead, I'd go for that, you can find them for less than $300 used and it will sound way better than the 30 or 15, plus they have headphone jacks.

In fact it'd probably replace your Bandit.

I dunno, I don't have much money and stuff to still pay for for college, and 30 has a headphone jack.
Quote by lolmnt