http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laLK6cG7ewU

At 1:32.

I'm a noob with gear, but I want to get more knowledge with it, and I was wondering if somebody could explain to me how to get a tone like this? I've gotten close to a tone like this by adding close to no bass, but then my harmonics don't pop out...whereas his are still flawless.

I've got a Vader 4x12 cab and a Bugera 333XL head.

Got close to it by having full presence, full treble, close to no bass, no mids, and mid gain or so.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get that crunchy, low-bass tone while still having clarity and harmonic response?
That's a pretty mid-heavy tone if you ask me. Scooping = bad. Turn your gain down a little, it'll help you get more grind and less fizz.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
That's a pretty mid-heavy tone if you ask me. Scooping = bad. Turn your gain down a little, it'll help you get more grind and less fizz.

I'm not sure if it's the audio on the video that hides it, but when I add mids on my amp, it makes it sound more "open." Sounds like it's getting pushed further back in depth.
Hopefully you can understand what I mean.
This video was propably recorded on a way worse amp than the one you own (I am guessing peavey vypyrs or alike for this lesson).

Settings don't matter much if you can not play like those guys do. The right setting can only get you so far.

Try:

Resonance: 2 o clock
Presence: 3 o clock
mids: 12 o clock
low: 11 o clock
high: 1 o clock
gain: 2 o clock

And maybe add a tubescreamer in front with almost no gain dialed in...
Quote by EyeHatePunks
This video was propably recorded on a way worse amp than the one you own (I am guessing peavey vypyrs or alike for this lesson).

Settings don't matter much if you can not play like those guys do. The right setting can only get you so far.

Try:

Resonance: 2 o clock
Presence: 3 o clock
mids: 12 o clock
low: 11 o clock
high: 1 o clock
gain: 2 o clock

And maybe add a tubescreamer in front with almost no gain dialed in...

I don't have a resonance knob.
Quote by EyeHatePunks
Doesn't matter much, it only means you have to use a bit more low end (12 o clock)

Tried those settings. Just doesn't get it :/.
Quote by OGHotWing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laLK6cG7ewU

At 1:32.

I'm a noob with gear, but I want to get more knowledge with it, and I was wondering if somebody could explain to me how to get a tone like this? I've gotten close to a tone like this by adding close to no bass, but then my harmonics don't pop out...whereas his are still flawless.

I've got a Vader 4x12 cab and a Bugera 333XL head.

Got close to it by having full presence, full treble, close to no bass, no mids, and mid gain or so.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get that crunchy, low-bass tone while still having clarity and harmonic response?

Hey man! I just got the Bugera 333XL head (I'm getting it tomorrow actually, but I already ordered it). How do you like it? Holding up well and all the rest?

And about the tone, the only advice that I have is that you really shouldn't scoop your mids and bass like that. Mids help you cut through a mix and you can actually get some really good tones by turning up your mids! Not diming them of course, but you know what I mean. Maybe gain around 60%, mids around 35%...**** I don't know. Sorry I couldn't help. But do answer my question on the amp please!
to be honest, that tone didn't sound too great, he was even saying he wouldnt want to riht something sounding like that haha.

If you want to sound thick and clear, dont use too much gain, removing all bass and scooping mids will also make your sound very thin, also for 'chugging' tones, higher treble and bass with scooped mids might be better, if only for rhythms though
Quote by Gurut
Hey man! I just got the Bugera 333XL head (I'm getting it tomorrow actually, but I already ordered it). How do you like it? Holding up well and all the rest?

And about the tone, the only advice that I have is that you really shouldn't scoop your mids and bass like that. Mids help you cut through a mix and you can actually get some really good tones by turning up your mids! Not diming them of course, but you know what I mean. Maybe gain around 60%, mids around 35%...**** I don't know. Sorry I couldn't help. But do answer my question on the amp please!

The head is durable. Don't worry about that.
However, I'm still a noob with gear. I can't say that I like it or dislike it. I know what sound I want, but I don't know how to get it.