So I was talking with a friend of mine about hallucinations yesterday. He's got Schizophrenia and he was telling me about the weird $h!t he's saw.

I don't got Schizophrenia, nor do I take acid but I have had a visual hallucination before. I hadn't slept in days and I was taking this really strong cough syrup. I saw this massive beetle. Like Egyptian scarab beetle......I could see the light reflecting of it and hear it's wings. Even feel it when it landed on my hand and I nearly shit myself. So I squashed the bug with my hand. When I lifted my hand up....the bug was gone. Never to be seen again. It was then I came to the realization that the beetle never existed despite how real it looked.

How does this happen? What was in that cough syrup? Have YOU ever had a badass hallucination that was not Schizo or Drug induced?
I sometimes see a giant 6-foot rabbit named Frank, and he tells me about how the world is gonna end.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Sleep Paralysis makes me hallucinate.

I've seen my dog do some weird shit, I've seen aliens, and monsters and stuff.

It's pretty trippy.

I've also had audio hallucinations, woooaaahahahahahah
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
Sleep Paralysis makes me hallucinate.

I've seen my dog do some weird shit, I've seen aliens, and monsters and stuff.

It's pretty trippy.

I've also had audio hallucinations, woooaaahahahahahah

I've saw my dog do weird shit. Though I wasn't hallucinating lol
i've tripped on shrooms, acid, mescaline and dmt
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by Craigo
All of the hallucinations I've had weren't that great.

Tell us your tale anyway.
Quote by JackWhite333
I sometimes see a giant 6-foot rabbit named Frank, and he tells me about how the world is gonna end.

just give me a fender and let me rip
on average its the regular "shadow people" hallucinations.
one really fk'd up one i had was when there were 20 rabbits following me, and like, i was their king.

best .
Saturday.
ever.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
I've only had hallucinations that were drug induced.

EDIT: I guess I've experienced the shadow n*ggers (or that's what my friends call them) that go along with sleep deprivation and appear in your peripheral vision but I wouldn't call those full blown hallucinations so I don't really count those.
Peepee on yo tittays
Last edited by misty_b at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
I've only had drug induced hallucinations, of which included a deer reading me LOTR, me being able to see into parallel universes via a mirror, and meteor showers when I looked into the sky.

Bambi reading you LOTR is just epic. The meteor showers you saw could quite possibly have been an actual meteor shower...........
I've hallucinated with Sleep Paralysis. It's always kinda weird shit though, like once i saw my two brothers just throw a towel over my face. When i came out of it, i was gonna have a go at them for throwing a towel on my face, but oh wait...no towel O_o
I suffer from hallucinations (and so far, I've never been diagnosed with any mental issues). They differ from being like flashes of lightening, to flying black shapes and even auditiory hallucinations (usually laughing or someone calling my name).
Quote by The\m/
Bambi reading you LOTR is just epic. The meteor showers you saw could quite possibly have been an actual meteor shower...........

Well considering I was perceiving all the stars in the sky moving in one direction with tails on them, it definitely wasn't an actual meteor shower. Think of like a dramatized anime-esque shower and that's what I saw.
I see stuff sometimes. The first time it happened was about a year ago. It started with me just seeing little things out of the corners of my eyes: a blur fly past here and there. Then I started to feel and hear crickets crawling around me, even when there weren't (my house did have a lot of crickets in the basement at the time, I think that's what got crickets into my head.) Then one day I started to hear people moving and lots of strange noises as I was in bed. I kept turning my light on to see if something was there. Shadows and objects seemed really intimidating to me, and I thought someone was watching through the window. I ran downstairs and sat in the TV room, since the couch is in the corner and I could have a view of both windows. But I thought the TV remote was a giant bug and it would fly at me if I got up, so I started crying hysterically until my mom came in and calmed me down. She probably thought I was tripping on drugs or something, but the only drug I had ever done up to that point was weed, and I hadn't smoked in three months or so (and very rarely before that).

Now and then I still see things out of the corner of my eye, but it's never been intense like that one night. I think I was under a lot of stress from school or something, and it kind of set me off. I don't think it's drug-related, since I smoke more regularly now and they haven't gotten worse. I still am a little wary of things like shrooms or acid though, since I've heard they can bring out latent mental disorders.

TL;DR - Yes, I've had non-drug induced hallucinations. Usually they are not bad, but I once had a very frightening episode.

(EDIT: Also, I have seen a dead baby in my rearview mirror while I was driving. It was around the same time as the episode I described.)
Last edited by The Picker at Sep 10, 2010,
Quote by RU Experienced?
That's the one, I knew it started with a D

You were close, DMT is a hallucinogenic too, just not in cough medicine.
Quote by The\m/
Tell us your tale anyway.

Audio and light visuals. Heard family talking and lights on when I was alone in my bedroom upstairs, only one in the house with my bedroom being the only lighted room. Heard helicopter noises above a bus and other strange stuff. Imagined myself as a Nintendo 64 controller shaped beams, I flipped upside down and then shot out quickly and far North, North West, North East, and then my tinnitus grew heavier and heavier, became the entirety of my consciousness until I felt strain on my heart and snapped myself out of it. Those are the ones best explained, the ones not so easy to explain are not interesting to others. Very, very minor stuff.

EDIT: Saw a quilt as a snake. Told my friends to get off the snake and to come round to see it like I could.

Also took this picture of myself:

I was like 'OMFG I'M A BEAR' and felt like a bear for the rest of the evening.
Last edited by Craigo at Sep 10, 2010,
My hair put on a play once.

EDIT:
err.. an opera, to be exact.
also, I don't think it ever got to the final production. just a bunch of rehearsal.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Sep 10, 2010,