I notice how in most rock songs where the guitar gets very quiet and it sounds like its only coming out of one speaker. How do they do that?
Quote by Road4Kill
I notice how in most rock songs where the guitar gets very quiet and it sounds like its only coming out of one speaker. How do they do that?

magic
Turn down the volume?

Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah
TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Noir
Joyo Vintage Overdrive
ZVex Box of Rock
Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl
TC Electronic Flashback
Neunaber Seraphim + EXP
Hotone Wally
Quote by Road4Kill

Well if it sounds like it's only coming out of one speaker it probably is, this is a studio trickand no something you can replicate at home without recording yourself.

As for "getting quiet" I'm not sure what you mean, again it's probably literally just reducing the volume of the guitar track on the record but you could mean anything
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Studio trickery and magic. Alternatively, use your volume knob.
There are kind of two things you're talking about and I'm not sure wich you want so I'll explain both.

Fade out: If you are recording, you can create the fade out on the computer by using the volume changing effect. If you're not recording there are a couple of ways to fade out. first is to start by playing with your volume dial (on the guitar not on the amp) all the way on, and when you hit a chord just slowly turn the dial down, pretty simple. But what if you want to fade in the middle of a riff or chord progression? this is the second way, you can buy a volume pedal, it looks kind of like a Wah-Wah pedal, and you just slowly bring the pedal closed to fade out.

The other thing you could be talking about is Panning: this is bringing the sound to one speaker, unless you have some really good panning effects pedals this can be difficult with out recording, however if you are recording onto your computer, most software offer the ability to pan, then you just pan it all the way to one side.