Hi, i was wondering if you could tell me about some scales or things like that to get some speed...
I mean, different exercises and that stuff.
Thanks
Heres an an exercise that I've started using recently that has really helped with my speed and accuracy. It's not a scale or anything but it's really cool.
|-------------------------------------------3-5-7---|
|-----------------------------------3-5-7-----------|
|---------------------------3-5-7-------------------|
|-------------------3-5-7---------------------------|
|-----------3-5-7-----------------------------------|
|---3-5-7-------------------------------------------|

run that up and down a few times and change the positions to add variaty. Also try chicken plucking, like Zack Wylde and Alexi Laiho do. have any questions just message me.
What kind of speed? What are you trying to do? For example, I can alternate/tremolo pick like a beast, but I'm really weak in the sweep picking area.

It's not so much what scales you play that matter, it's what technique you're using when you play those scales.

So what are you trying to do?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by madguitrist
Heres an an exercise that I've started using recently that has really helped with my speed and accuracy. It's not a scale or anything but it's really cool.
|-------------------------------------------3-5-7---|
|-----------------------------------3-5-7-----------|
|---------------------------3-5-7-------------------|
|-------------------3-5-7---------------------------|
|-----------3-5-7-----------------------------------|
|---3-5-7-------------------------------------------|

run that up and down a few times and change the positions to add variaty. Also try chicken plucking, like Zack Wylde and Alexi Laiho do. have any questions just message me.

Chicken plucking??
Quote by Offworld92
What kind of speed? What are you trying to do? For example, I can alternate/tremolo pick like a beast, but I'm really weak in the sweep picking area.

It's not so much what scales you play that matter, it's what technique you're using when you play those scales.

So what are you trying to do?

Normal speed
The speed you use soloing and that stuff, i can tremolo pick, but the problem is with my left hand....
I cant move it really fast...
Quote by Amer91
What techniques are you working on?

Soloing...
Also a little bit of sweep picking, but i cant do it very well...
Quote by NiveK686
Normal speed
The speed you use soloing and that stuff, i can tremolo pick, but the problem is with my left hand....
I cant move it really fast...

I see. You need to work on your coordination.

Take something simple, like what madguitrist posted, and do it slowly at first, and just keep at it, getting progressively faster. Don't rush it, and speed will come eventually.

You don't need to practice fast to be fast - I've found that if you practice slowly, then you'll be able to play fast if/when you want to. It's the strangest thing ever, but it's true.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Speed is just a byproduct of Accuracy.

The more you practice anything at all, the faster you'll get, and it'll be totally by accident. The above mentioned exercises are great for building speed, but any kind of playing is good for speed. The more you know a piece/exercise, the more naturally you'll be able to play it fast.
doe ray me fa so la te DOUGH!!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.