As you all know the spider 4 is really bad, when I bought it I was a beginner and now im in a band, i do couple of gigs and im looking for a new combo amp, the amp will be mic so dont need over 100watt really,
I would like a amp that has a good distortion in it, i dont want a use a distortion pedal ( for now )
My guitars are:Ltd fx401 w/seymour duncan blackout, and dean vmnt angel of deth w/dave mustaine livewire
And i play mainly metal

So could you guys help me ?....... if you need more info just tell
Peavy Vypr, it's that simple.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

what kind of metal? theres like so many different kind. also price range? i dont wanna reccomend something thats like 6000 when you can only spend600
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Quote by budreiser1
what kind of metal? theres like so many different kind. also price range? i dont wanna reccomend something thats like 6000 when you can only spend600

I play alot of trash metal and a bit of melodeath and prog
my budget would be 800 $
used 5150/6505 combo would work
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
B-52 AT-212 or whatever the combo is is a great amp in that range. I've got the head. You could probably swing a nice used mesa for 800.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Don't buy a vyper. It's not much of an upgrade, if any, from a spider..

Check out a 6505 or used 5150.
alright thx alot, ill chek the 6505 112
Last edited by reclamation901 at Sep 10, 2010,
The V22 can't do metal without a pedal. I've tried one. I thought they were cloned after the Peavey Classic, but they aren't. No amp distortion with the gain all the way, just a light crunch. (unless it was just a crappy floor model, but that was my experience)

If TS wants good cleans and a metal tone he could get a Peavey Classic for everything from cleans to high gain rock then get a pedal to venture into the metal outlets.
Quote by siverstorm
The V22 can't do metal without a pedal. I've tried one. I thought they were cloned after the Peavey Classic, but they aren't. No amp distortion with the gain all the way, just a light crunch. (unless it was just a crappy floor model, but that was my experience)

If TS wants good cleans and a metal tone he could get a Peavey Classic for everything from cleans to high gain rock then get a pedal to venture into the metal outlets.

Maybe a V55, but it's possible that the floor model had the tubes going out.

I'd even consider maybe a ValveKing 212 Combo, I've heard nothing but great things, from people and in clips. Some people say the ValveKing can't do metal, but the pre-gain at 12 o'clock is plenty of gain for almost anything.

I mean, worst case scenario with any of these tube amps, just replace the tubes with higher gain counterparts...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Some people say the ValveKing can't do metal, but the pre-gain at 12 o'clock is plenty of gain for almost anything.

I think it's got more to do with muddiness and poor voicing more than actual lack of gain.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I say "unless it was a crappy floor model" because it looked new. That and the only "high-gain" V5/22/55 demos i've heard on youtube all use pedals. Anything else only gets the same crunch I heard.

I've heard the Valveking is the same predicament. I still want to try one though. But if TS gets the valveking then he can actually spend quite a bit on a nice dist pedal if he wishes.