So I purchased my RG350DX over a year ago.
And for about 4-6 month I haven't touched the tremolo bar, as in using it.

I just find it a freaking b itch if I snap a string.
Tuning it takes forever.
So it's not really working out with me right now..

So..Lets put two guitars out on the road...

Ibanez RG Prestige
and..
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Tuning wise, which would stand a better chance? :S
if I didn't use the trem on the prestige.

But did a lot of vibrato's and bending.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
if you aren't going to use the tremolo bar, don't get a guitar with one.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
the hardtail is a lot better because it stays in tune better, it is easier to tune, and it gives longer sustain
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

The only reason I'm sticking towards a floyd rose is that it keeps it in tune nicely even after dive bombs or big bends..
but it is a hassel to take care of.

so will the hardtail bridge actually be better than a floyd rose in terms of staying in tune?
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
If you're not doing anything that requires a tremolo arm, but instead using bends and fretting-hand tremolo, get a hardtail bridged guitar.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
In terms of staying in tune the floyd is better (unless you get locking tuners, but honestly if you restring properly it wouldn't be an issue on a hardtail without locking tuners.)

But in terms of changing tunings and restringing it's better on a hardtail.

From the sounds of it, you should get something like a Strat or PRS trem instead, that way you can still have your light vibratos, but you have less hassle restringing.
For the amount of work a Floyd Rose is, there's no ****ing way I would get a guitar with one unless I was going to constantly use it. Just keep that in the back of your mind
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Learn how to use your FR, or don't use a guitar equipped with one. It's really not that hard... Anyone with any basic concept of Physics can do it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I don't understand why people act like restringing an FR equipped guitar is something you need 3 hours and a garage full of tools to accomplish.Once you learn the mechanics of a floyd it's remarkably easy to change strings and do maintenance,and if you set them up properly a nice FR style bridge will hold tune even with intense use and whammy shenanigans.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by OliOsbourne
the hardtail is a lot better because it stays in tune better, it is easier to tune, and it gives longer sustain

Not even. Maybe with locking tuners, but a double locking trem still has better tuning stability.