This has accumulated over the last week or two, so here it goes.

first the EPIC FAILURE on behalf of MUSIC123.

my Jet City JCA2112R arrived DOA from their warehouse because they dont understand how to rebox things. so i am planning to mod it anyways, and was going to wait for this to post, but i am not going to wait a whole two weeks.

the pics and reviews of the other things are coming,.

first up: Voodoo Lab Microvibe: first off, i would have gone for the fulltone vibe, if i didnt find this for $55 used. it sounds really good, but i wish it could geet a little bit more depth and to have it be a little less trebely. however, it sounds awesome and at this price, i figured why not. it sounds great for scratch picking and great for hendrixy type stuff.

next up since i am on the brand, is a: Voodoo Lab Proctavia: overall i am more satisfied with the proctavia than the microvibe. found it for $65 used. it is a great octafuzz keep in mind this is an octave up (not like the bluebox) and fills in for parts where one part of slow lead would not be enough and to round out tone. i dont care for the fuzz aspect of it, as i dont really think i am the fuzz type guy, but with my renegade being boosted by the OCD adding in the fuzz from the proctavia works great.

next up is a fulltone clyde standard: i know a lot of people aren't big fans of the standard, it was exactly what i was looking for, no more, no less, and i got it to my door in mind condition with papers and original box for $110. i didn't want an overly complex wah and i wanted it voxy for the more hendrix type stuff, and turning the user adjustment on the back was great for a slight deviation from factory.

next up: Malekko Ekko 616. i got it based on all of the rave reviews. first to say it is way more of a delay than i would ever want/need, but it has my bases covered. for use other than ambient, this delay really goes tto the extreme. way more repeats than usable, the mix goes all the way both ways to either all the way dry to all the way wet. the modulation is really deep/ shallow fast/ slow. all the extremes. i would be happy if this pedal had half the range that it does in everything other than time. so its pretty cool, its just that all i needed were the basics. but it sounds really good.

por el finale grande: an Orange PPC 2x12" open back Cabinet. this cabinet is awesome. two vintage 30's. beauitiful flawless construction. orange tolex. need i say more?

i haven't get anywhere near breaking the speakers in yet, so i can't comment on it tonally, but i really like the size factor. its not a 2x12" with the two speakers side by side, one is up to the left a bit and the other is down to the right a bit, making it skinnier smaller and lighter and easy to transport. perfect for hauling to gigs and practice

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You mother ****er. I would love a Micro Vibe.

HNPD

Bastard.

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Orange ftw man

Hope to own an Orange cab myself someday.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
That Orange cab is dam sexy.

Any clips of the Proctavia? I've heard good things about it yet I haven't been able to try one out yet.
I leik music
thanks all for the comments on everything. i am in love with that orange cab. you have to see one in person to see how perfectly sized it is. its perfect for nearly every gig i will be using it for.

Quote by col50
That Orange cab is dam sexy.

Any clips of the Proctavia? I've heard good things about it yet I haven't been able to try one out yet.

i unfortunately have no way of making clips good enough to hear the sound of the proctavia. my best option for recording at the moment is my girlfriend's iphone recording on there. it does quite well, but not good enough to hear the detail in the proctavia. i have shown it to a bunch of people who have had a hard time noticing (which sure doesn't speak much for thier ear) how it sounded different other than added presence. it does do really great though, i think its just me who isn't really used to fuzz.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Damn man, you sure do have alot of amps. You're kind of like the budget AcousticMirror.

HNPD, hope you get your JCA20 soon.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Damn man, you sure do have alot of amps. You're kind of like the budget AcousticMirror.

HNPD, hope you get your JCA20 soon.

lol, on the AM thing, but not quite. i just like having ultimate flexibility. i like having tons of tonal options right at the end of the cable in my hand.

it will be here soon. they knocked it down to $300 and credited my account $25. needless to say i reamed them pretty good.

$275 for JCA20 combo = being ok to wait.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
nice rig man its also my plan to get a tiny terror and cab some day.
HNGD
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
nice rig man its also my plan to get a tiny terror and cab some day.
HNGD

i would highly recommend a dual terror instead of the tiny terror. it gives you another whole amps worth of versatility. the 15 extra watts make it great for more realistic giging situations, and at a little more balls if you wanted to play metal on the fat channel or even for a heavier bassier dirty blues.

as far as hearing the fat channel, there aren't any good you tube demos of the fat channel, so you almost need to get your hands on one.

but i love the terror amps, and i really cannot speak highly enough for the quality of the cab.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would highly recommend a dual terror instead of the tiny terror. it gives you another whole amps worth of versatility. the 15 extra watts make it great for more realistic giging situations, and at a little more balls if you wanted to play metal on the fat channel or even for a heavier bassier dirty blues.

as far as hearing the fat channel, there aren't any good you tube demos of the fat channel, so you almost need to get your hands on one.

but i love the terror amps, and i really cannot speak highly enough for the quality of the cab.

id like a dual terror, and if its worth it i might try for one but im on a tight budget. its down the road a bit anyway i guess. obviously the dual terror would be better for stoner rock/metal with the fat channel which is what id primarily want it for haha, theres just no beating the sound and feel of orange for that, but do you think the tiny terror could handle that stuff well too? like electric wizard and om?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
heyyy that cab would go great with my new amp
it seems like GG&A is abit of an orange orgy atm
HNAD
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
HNP&CD! sweet deal on the fulltone, always wanted to try one.

Since the discussion is moving towards the dual terror, I guess I'll ask some questions too, if you don't mind.

I haven't ever tried one in person, but judging from the clips & youtube demos, I might really like the fat channel: do you think it would handle earlier heavy metal well? (think judas priest pre-painkiller, black sabbath, maybe led zeppelin?)

Are the two channels footswitchable? Or is there only the switch on the front panel?

How clean can the "tiny terror" channel get? obviously from the demos & clips I always get the impression that that channel isn't even MEANT to ever become all nice and clean, but I'd like some personal insight.

Thank you! I'm going back to the lurking.
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Quote by rion87
HNP&CD! sweet deal on the fulltone, always wanted to try one.

Since the discussion is moving towards the dual terror, I guess I'll ask some questions too, if you don't mind.

I haven't ever tried one in person, but judging from the clips & youtube demos, I might really like the fat channel: do you think it would handle earlier heavy metal well? (think judas priest pre-painkiller, black sabbath, maybe led zeppelin?)

Are the two channels footswitchable? Or is there only the switch on the front panel?

How clean can the "tiny terror" channel get? obviously from the demos & clips I always get the impression that that channel isn't even MEANT to ever become all nice and clean, but I'd like some personal insight.

Thank you! I'm going back to the lurking.

the tiny terror channel isn't very clean if you are looking for a bell like clean. it really isn't meant to stay clean. it lasts pretty good at the edge of breaking up for most of the volume if you set the gain low. if you keep your pick attack light it is IMO "clean enough" for most things. also IMO, it is best at its dirty clean on the tt channel.

the fat channel is very versatile. it would be great for a classic rock. it is great for a heavy grittier blues. it can do the brootz with a boost, i use my blues pro from MI audio for that, as it is bassier and controls the mids better than a ts808 or a OCD. i dont really think the fat channel would be good for more classic metal (that is if you are referring to metallica type stuff). i think it is too fuzzy for that. for me it will do classic rock/blues, like heavier type stuff, but it is not really equipped for classic metal. something tells me a rocker30 or rockaverb may be slightly better than that, but i havne't played a rocker 30 at all and only played a rockaverb at low volumes for only like 10 minutes.

as far as the fulltone goes i love it. i was recomended the RMC wah, but wasn't willing to pay twice as much for that, and i didn't need any addiotional features, but some may want the additional features, but i dont need them in a wah.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Linqua5150
id like a dual terror, and if its worth it i might try for one but im on a tight budget. its down the road a bit anyway i guess. obviously the dual terror would be better for stoner rock/metal with the fat channel which is what id primarily want it for haha, theres just no beating the sound and feel of orange for that, but do you think the tiny terror could handle that stuff well too? like electric wizard and om?

i really think you would want the fat channel. to me the TT channel is more suited as a dirty blues more classic rock type thing. the fat channel has quite a bit more gain on tap. i also think that the 30 watts would be worth it too. i can practice with a 15 watt amp (tweaker), and it works, but just with the orange switching it from 15 to 30 watts makes a big difference. 30 watts is gigable without micing in more situations too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
the tiny terror channel isn't very clean if you are looking for a bell like clean. it really isn't meant to stay clean. it lasts pretty good at the edge of breaking up for most of the volume if you set the gain low. if you keep your pick attack light it is IMO "clean enough" for most things. also IMO, it is best at its dirty clean on the tt channel.

the fat channel is very versatile. it would be great for a classic rock. it is great for a heavy grittier blues. it can do the brootz with a boost, i use my blues pro from MI audio for that, as it is bassier and controls the mids better than a ts808 or a OCD. i dont really think the fat channel would be good for more classic metal (that is if you are referring to metallica type stuff). i think it is too fuzzy for that. for me it will do classic rock/blues, like heavier type stuff, but it is not really equipped for classic metal. something tells me a rocker30 or rockaverb may be slightly better than that, but i havne't played a rocker 30 at all and only played a rockaverb at low volumes for only like 10 minutes.

as far as the fulltone goes i love it. i was recomended the RMC wah, but wasn't willing to pay twice as much for that, and i didn't need any addiotional features, but some may want the additional features, but i dont need them in a wah.

this is really helpful to me! I guess I have to look elsewhere: I really like my cleans clean, and if that's not an option, well...

I'm not really into early thrash or metallica, I'm looking more of an early Priest/Sabbath/late 70's tone, but I see your point. Thank you!
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.