Page 1 of 2
I cannot understand how people can judge a person, their religion, or thier way of life simply by looking at them or hearing what someone says about them for example here are some questions i have asked both religious people and non religious(these are not intended to offend these are their ignorant responses)

on the topic of religion;
"what do you think that wiccans believe in?"
most common answer "the devil"
correct answer "the earth and nature in all of its beauty"

on the topic of appearance;
"what do you think that guy over ther is like?" *points to person in all black with chain wallet and wristband"
Most common answer "oh hes obliviously disturbed in the mind"
correct course of action actually get to know the person.

on topic of hobbies;
this is the one that made me most angry
"what do you think of guitarists?"
"they do nothing but make noise"
*initiate punch to the face*

so im wondering pit what are some blatant examples of ignorance that have infuriated or disturbed you?
Note; i know this thread is likely to crash and burn but im interested in the meantime.
For a heart of ice,
a winters night is a breathless kiss,

For a heart of fire,
a summers day is a lovers embrace.

-Me-
"ohh a piece of candy!!!"
People are always confused about me, I play Metal, wear glasses, wear video game t-shirts, and I have long hair, I guess I'm classified as a mindfvck.
Quote by Spartan101400
People are always confused about me, I play Metal, wear glasses, wear video game t-shirts, and I have long hair, I guess I'm classified as a mindfvck.

sweet man keep mind fvcking em lololo
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
I don't think I know anyone who does what you're talking about.

Where are you even from?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by MakinLattes
I don't tolerate intolerance.
How intolerant!

OT: A lot of people see me, with my punk spiked hair and intense eyes, and prolly judge me wrong. The reality is, yes, I play Metal. But I'm also a Messianic Jew, got A's and B's my last two semesters in college, and write more than just Metal songs. I'm also the only person I know who enjoys debating philosophy.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 11, 2010,
You judge people on their appearance, i do, we all do to some degree, to pretend otherwise is stupid.

I'm gonna basically copy what craigo posted one time to reiterate this point.

the last one is meant to be an elvis lookalike btw. Point is, you will judge these people on how they look to some extent and you can tell a bit about how people are by what they look like.
Quote by Spartan101400

How? That seems normal to me.
Quote by Clockwork_Knite

on the topic of appearance;
"what do you think that guy over ther is like?" *points to person in all black with chain wallet and wristband"
Most common answer "oh hes obliviously disturbed in the mind"
correct course of action actually get to know the person.

This doesn't even make sense. You asked a person their opinion on someone random, and you expect them to get to know this person, when most likely the only reason they formed that opinion is because of your spontaneous question.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by Zoot Allures

the last one is meant to be an elvis lookalike btw. Point is, you will judge these people on how they look to some extent and you can tell a bit about how people are by what they look like.

I beg to differ that bolded stuff there. Beyond telling how people prefer to present themselves, you can't really tell shit about a person strictly on looks. For instance, you don't know what they believe, what they do with their beliefs, and how their beliefs color their view of the world. That's just one instance I bring up. There's certainly a lot more.

Quote by Jlovesmetal
This doesn't even make sense. You asked a person their opinion on someone random, and you expect them to get to know this person, when most likely the only reason they formed that opinion is because of your spontaneous question.

I think what TS is saying is that people often form wrong opinions based strictly on first impressions. People tend to judge and often judge wrongly. Take many musicians, for instance. We, as musicians, tend to look unique. Some people judge us harshly as less desirable members of society because of our looks.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by Zoot Allures
You judge people on their appearance, i do, we all do to some degree, to pretend otherwise is stupid.

I'm gonna basically copy what craigo posted one time to reiterate this point.

im srry i mis-stated that part of the examples, that one person judged EVERYTHING about the person simply by what they look like, you are correct that we do it to some extent but to judge everything about that person based on appearance is indeed ignorrant
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Stereotyping=fast

Ideally I would get to know every homeless guy and be plesently surprised to find they are actually eccentric billionaires. I just don't have the time
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I beg to differ that bolded stuff there. Beyond telling how people prefer to present themselves, you can't really tell shit about a person strictly on looks. For instance, you don't know what they believe, what they do with their beliefs, and how their beliefs color their view of the world. That's just one instance I bring up. There's certainly a lot more.

No you don't, but you can tell abit, if i see an elvis impersonator in the street i can tell he's clearly an outgoing guy , and is a big fan of elvis.

We choose to wear what we wear for reasons, i'm sure there will be quite abit to be told from this
Quote by Spartan101400

no, you're classified as a nerdy metalhead, pretty common actually
Wellllllll, being a black kid, and being a person that listens to most genres of music (including rap, electronica and metalcore) I can tell you quite a bit about the ignorant ass people I come in concact with.
Quote by Alex Vik
How? That seems normal to me.

It isn't, trust me, it doesn't really help people classify you when you had all AP classes in school, did volunteer work and blew stuff up in the backyard with fireworks, laughing while I do it.
Quote by GogglesVK
Wellllllll, being a black kid, and being a person that listens to most genres of music (including rap, electronica and metalcore) I can tell you quite a bit about the ignorant ass people I come in concact with.

well then please do tell lol
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Quote by Zoot Allures
We choose to wear what we wear for reasons, i'm sure there will be quite abit to be told from this
I concede that. I'm just saying that's there a lot more to people than that. People are complex. For instance, you'd never know, based on how a lot of people dress, how intelligent (or unintelligent) they happen to be. Someone who basically wears rags could have a doctorate in chemistry.

I know these are abstract examples, but I find this to be an abstract topic. So, in my estimation, it's somewhat appropriate.
well, being a multiethnic, vegan fat girl with curly blue hair, glasses, and a large barcode on the back of my neck, I can sure tell you a shit ton about things.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I concede that. I'm just saying that's there a lot more to people than that. People are complex. For instance, you'd never know, based on how a lot of people dress, how intelligent (or unintelligent) they happen to be. Someone who basically wears rags could have a doctorate in chemistry.

I know these are abstract examples, but I find this to be an abstract topic. So, in my estimation, it's somewhat appropriate.

Yes, this is all true but in general you can tell abit from what people choose to look like. Also, it's a fact that we all will judge on appearance, if we like it or not, we all do it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

obvious abstractness in an abstract topic....how abstract....
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
^lmao somehow this is a fitting question
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Judging is the easy path. narrowmindedness is chosen because some people's minds are too lazy to learn about people. society is so lazy that first impressions are deemed ok because everyone just wants to move on. I personally don't judge people, for it is quite childish.
Quote by St Pedr0
Judging is the easy path. narrowmindedness is chosen because some people's minds are too lazy to learn about people. society is so lazy that first impressions are deemed ok because everyone just wants to move on. I personally don't judge people, for it is quite childish.

you st pedr get a banana sticker for being a non ignorant person lol
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
"What do you think of Satch?"
"Oh, he's just a mindless shredder. All of his stuff probably sounds the same."
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Do you own a mac? >_>

I don't tie myself to material objects. excluding all if the crap I own, which unfortunately does not include a mac. my ipods will have to suffice.

anyway, I thought this thread was about how enigmatic we think we all are.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by Clockwork_Knite
well then please do tell lol

I've argued with hundreds of people that say "lol, rap is all about girls, drugs and cars! It takes no talent to make!" People that say "all electronic music is techno and its just 'unce unce unce' over and over for 10 minutes!". People that say "metalcore/hardcore/whatever is emo-crybaby music. Herpderp."

And you'd be suprised how often someone labels me as a dumb black guy. Or how often people cross the street to avoid me, then cross back after I've passed. Or the death grips women put on their purses when I walk into a shop. People don't think the world is really like that, but it is, and it's ridiculous.
Last edited by GogglesVK at Sep 11, 2010,
Quote by Clockwork_Knite
you st pedr get a banana sticker for being a non ignorant person lol

*places banana sticker on forehead* Wonder what people will judge me as now?
If you're good at judging, most often, you'd get it right. It's faster that way too
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
If you're good at judging, most often, you'd get it right. It's faster that way too

What if you misjudge yourself on how well you judge others?
I see no problem at all with preconceptions or even to some degree stereotyping, As long as no prejudice follows them then there is no harm, nor is it that bad.
I wouldn't call it ignorance as much as it is human intinct to judge someone on what you see.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
Quote by Spartan101400

From my experience, most people like you are a tad bit strange.
Quote by CaptainBumout
I see no problem at all with preconceptions or even to some degree stereotyping, As long as no prejudice follows them then there is no harm, nor is it that bad.
I wouldn't call it ignorance as much as it is human intinct to judge someone on what you see.

This. Stereotyping is necessary and statistically, you'll be right most of the time.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Spartan101400

You actually sound like every metal head I've ever met.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Most people just make assumptions because they just don't care about them..

Only thing most people think about is what others find of them
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by St Pedr0
What if you misjudge yourself on how well you judge others?

Then prepare to have a few broken noses in your lifetime
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Ignorance is needed in society, please do expand on this thought and think of all the plus that come from ignorance.
People are intitled to there opinions, even if they are ignorant as ****.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Page 1 of 2